Chapter 25

I laid in bed next to Mick just enjoying his radiating heat. He seemed to be more tired than me because he already passed out for a nap. It was about 6:30 in the evening and I was already ready for dinner tonight with Len and Barry. I laid there thinking if I should really wake Mick up or not. He looked so peaceful. I know he never gets much rest on the waverider.

I flipped myself over to straddle Mick's waist.

"Mick" I said softly then placed a kiss on his cheek.

He groaned but didn't wake up.

"Mick" I said a little louder then placed a kiss on his neck.

He started to move a little bit but still didn't look awake.

"Mick!" I shouted making his eyes fly open and his head snap towards me.

I laughed causing him to groan and rub his face with his hands.

"What time is it?" He asked in that deep, husky sleepy voice of his.

"It's 6:30 you need to get ready for dinner." I smiled at him.

That seemed to wake him up really quick. He flipped us over then gave me a sweet lingering kiss. Then he got up and headed to his suitcase to get ready.

We met Barry and Len right outside our hut. They looked fantastic in their "business casual" type outfits. They both had on a long sleeve button up shirt. The humorous thing about it was Len's shirt was a light blue and Barry's was the same shade of red as his flash suit. Then they both had on jeans.

"You look gorgeous!" Barry beamed as he hooked his arm around mine and pulled me down the dock with him.

Mick and Len followed close behind us as we walked to the beach side restaurant. It was already dark making the scene even more beautiful. The tables were in the sand of the beach. Not close enough for the waves to touch them but close enough to feel the cool breeze coming from the water.

"Reservation for Rory" Mick spoke to the host.

"Right this way" the host smiled and led us over to our table.

It certainly was a beautiful scene here. The tables being lit by small lanterns with the sound of soft music and the waves crashing on the beach made it so relaxing.

"How's your hut?" Barry asked leaning closer to me.

Before I turned to look at him I saw Mick and Len talking in hushed voices about something.

"It's beautiful. This whole place is beautiful." I answered his question.

"I'm glad you like it!" His smile was bright and contagious.

The food was absolutely delicious. I guess you really can't beat seafood fresh from the ocean. Once our dessert came towards the table Barry grabbed my attention distracting me from the dessert being sat in front of me.

"Are you alright Barry?" I questioned curiously.

I saw him peek around me before smiling and nodding. I shook my head then turned to finally try my treat. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Mick. I glanced his way not fully paying attention. I froze once I realized what I just saw.

Mick Rory was down on one knee smiling at me. I turned myself towards him immediately giving him my full attention. He didn't have anything in his hand causing me to look at the dessert in front of me.

Sure enough right on top was a sparking diamond ring. I pulled it out and wiped it off before turning back to Mick.

"Lexi Heywood, will you marry me?" He asked with the most innocent look on his face.

"Yes!" I exclaimed then jumped to my feet.

Mick was grinning ear to ear as he put the ring on my finger. I kissed him with everything I had. The clapping and cheering from Barry and Len made me break away from the kiss and laugh.

"You two knew about this." I accused them both.

"Of course we did" Len smiled at me.

"To Mick and Lexi!" Barry cheered as he raised his glass.

"To Mick and Lexi" Len repeated with his charming smile.

I was smiling like a fool for the rest of the evening. We finished dessert then decided a walk down the beach would be a great way to end the evening.

"Hey Barry" I said grabbing his arm and keeping him back from the other two men.

"Yea?" He asked when he came to a stop in front of me.

"So when are you and Len going to tie the knot?" I asked curiously.

Barry laughed causing Mick and Len to look our way curiously.

"Not sure about that" he mumbled while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well I know it's going to happen for sure one of these days." I smiled as I started to walk again.

The walk was peaceful and soon we were back at our hut. Mick and I said goodnight to Barry and Len before heading inside for the night.

I decided to take a shower before going to bed. Mick went ahead to the bedroom and I'm sure he was already stripping down for bed. After my shower I couldn't help admiring the ring on my finger. Mick Rory actually got me a real and beautiful diamond ring.

"Are you coming to bed now?" Mick asked as soon as I walked in the room.

I threw my towel to the floor and crawled in bed with the man of my dreams. He grabbed my waist and pulled me on top of him. I straddled his waist and laid on his chest.

Mick grabbed my hand with the ring on it. He kissed it softly then wrapped his large arms around me. He sweetly pressed his lips to the top of my head as I cuddled in closer to him.

"I love you Mick" I practically whispered as I trailed my fingers in circles on his chest.

"I love you Lexi." He kissed the top of my head again.