Chapter 9

The weeks passed by and there was no sign of Mick or Nate coming back any time soon. I decided a few days ago I wasn't going to just sit around with my life on hold to wait for them to come back.

I was once again sitting at Saints and Sinners alone. Barry had tried to get me to go out with him for the night but I told him I just needed some alone time to think.

It was the truth but I also just wanted to come back to this bar and I know bringing the flash here wouldn't be a good idea.

"Hey Lexi" The one and only Lisa Snart greeted as she planted herself on the stool beside me.

"Hi Lisa" I gave her a small smile while my eyes stayed forward.

"Have you heard from Mick? I just got off the phone with Len not too long ago." She was smiling like a teenage girl.

Lisa Snart was definitely an incredibly fascinating human. Most of the time she was all smile and laugh but she knew how to get down and dirty when she needed to.

"No I haven't heard from him since he left." I informed her.

"Well that's odd" Lisa looked off into her thoughts.

I took the opportunity to slip away from her and into the rough looking crowd behind us. She didn't see me slip away but it was only a few seconds later that she realized I was gone. I turned to head for the door but ran into a hard chest instead.

"Watch where you're going." The man's voice chided me.

"You need to watch yourself buddy." I snapped at him.

I looked up to see a very attractive man with a scruffy beard. He stood tall and proud but his eyes gave off a spark of mischief and immaturity.

"Lexi Heywood" I extended my hand to him.

"Mark" He smirked as he gently shook my hand.

"You don't look like the usual crowd that runs here." I observed.

"I'm not usually here. I decided I needed a drink and this was the best place for me." He was still smirking.

"It was nice to meet you Mark." I spoke as I turned around and headed for the door.

The door was open like usual and I could see the clear night sky. It looked like a peaceful night for a walk. Maybe that would clear my head.

As soon as I reached the door lightning struck in the distance while the rain fell to the ground hard. This storm came out of no where. I turned around to look for an umbrella or something I could swipe to keep myself from getting soaked.

"Why don't I give you a ride?" Mark asked as he walked closer to me.

I glanced out at the pouring rain then back to Mark. Either I can walk home and get soaked which will possibly lead to getting sick or I can just let this handsome stranger drive me home. Whats the worst that could happen?

"Sure" I smiled at him then nodded for him to lead the way.

We ran out of the bar and straight to a black truck. The doors were unlocked so I hopped in quickly. It was a decent looking ride. Mark kicked the heat on immediately. He started the engine then asked me for my address.

Once we turned onto my block the rain completely stopped. There was no slow fade away or anything. It just stopped completely. Mark parked the truck outside my building.

"Thanks for the ride." I smiled at him.

I went to open the door but Mark grabbed my arm pulling me back towards him.

"Here's my number. Give me a call sometime Lexi Heywood." He handed me a small piece of paper.

His smirk was undeniably handsome. I smiled and nodded because I didn't know what to say. I held the paper tight in my hand as I climbed out of the truck. I hurried into my building in case the rain decided it was just going to appear again.

Once inside I quickly made it to the elevator and up to my floor. I came to a stop at the end of my hallway. My door was all the way at the end but it was open.

No one else should have a key to my place except myself and Nate. I walked towards my apartment slowly readying myself for whatever was going to come at me.

What I wasn't expecting to see was the flash sitting on my couch eating a bag of chips. I huffed and kicked my door closed earning his attention.

"Hey you're back!" He cheered standing from his seat.

"How the hell did you get in here?" I questioned after setting my keys in the bowl on the table.

"My speed can do lots of neat things." He laughed more to himself.

"Don't break into my place again Allen." I chided as I headed for the kitchen.

I heard his steps following behind me at a normal human speed. I grabbed a few things from the fridge and cabinets. I put everything together and started cooking myself a quick dinner.

"Sorry Lexi, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You've barely been answering any of my text and calls and when you do you sound like you're either pissed or on the verge of tears." Barry sat down at the table with the most worrisome look on his face.

"I'm fine Barry, I've just had a lot on my mind." I spoke softly.

"Well, I do have news. Len told me they'd be back in a few short days." He sounded excited.

I glanced over at him to see a young man who looked like a 12 year old who just got a puppy on Christmas.

"Good for them" I grumbled as I finished up my food.

"Didn't Mick tell you he'd be back soon?" Barry asked innocently.

"No Barry!" I threw the hand towel down making Barry jump slightly.

"No Barry, Mick didn't tell me anything because he hasn't spoke to me since the day they left." I tried to keep myself calm but all my irritation was coming out in this one moment.

"Why wouldn't he call you?" Barry asked more to himself than me.

"I don't know Barry. You'll have to ask him when he gets back. Oh, and when you see him tell him to fuck off for me would ya?" I sat down at the table to eat while Barry looked lost in thought.