Chapter 29

Firestorm was heading towards Sara as well. Everything seemed clear until a shot rang out from down the hallway behind them. I watched as they turned on their heels searching for the shooter.

Out of the shadows of one of the rooms stepped a man in a long trench coat. He looked familiar but I couldn't place him.

No more shots rang out. No fighting happened. It looked like the man was just talking to firestorm. Then they turned and went towards Sara together.

"Do you know that man?" I asked Nate.

"Nope" he looked just as confused as I felt.

I watched as they all met up in the room with the cells. The man I don't know walked fully in the room getting surprised looks from everyone. He pulled out the keys and unlocked Snart's cell. He threw the keys to the ground and turned back to the legends just in time for Sara's fist to connect with the side of his face.

He stumbled back obviously dazed by the assault. I watched as they seemed to chat for a minute before heading back to the wave rider.

They all piled into the main deck. Mick and Ray dragging the unknown man's unconscious body. They dropped him on the floor then walked over to a seat. No one said a word as we all strapped in and readied ourselves to leave the Vanishing Point.

"Ok we will rest here for a bit then take Lexi home." Sara informed us.

"Who is that?" Nate asked.

"That's Rip Hunter former captain of the waverider." Snart drawled as he stood from his seat.

Oh I remember him now. He came to my apartment back when I first met Mick.

"It's good to have you back Snart." Ray smiled warmly and patted his shoulder.

Snart glared at his hand silently telling him to remove it. Ray got the hint quickly moving his hand away.

"Glad I have my partner back. I was about to get stuck with haircut over there." Mick grumbled keeping the happiness I know he felt at bay.

"How did you know I was still alive?" Snart questioned no one in particular.

"That would be me" I answered standing up and stretching.

"And you are?" Len asked raising a brow at me.

"Lexi Heywood, all you need to know is I'm from 2027 and I'm a friend. I was told about you and sent here to inform the legends and make sure you got out safely." I explained nonchalantly.

"Right" he drawled as he looked me over.

Rip took in a deep breath as he jolted into a sitting position. He looked around in a confused state then seemed comfortable with his surroundings. His eyes landed on me in no time making his blank expression turn to anger.

"Lexi! What the hell are you doing here?" He questioned as he stood up.

I didn't answer his question. I only crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him.

"Oh right, Snart" he pieced together quickly.

"Why the bloody hell did you punch me?" Rip turned to Sara accusingly.

"Because you left us!" She yelled angrily at him.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Len and Mick leaving the main deck. I decided to follow them because I'd be going home soon and I needed to tell Mick a few more things. When I first met him he already seemed to have a good idea of who I was. Now I fully know why that is.

"Mick" I said jogging down the hall to catch up with him.

The two men turned into the dining hall so I followed them.

"What do you want now?" Mick grumbled as he sat at one of the tables.

"I need to tell you a bit more about myself." I smiled and sat down with them.

"Snart, this woman is apparently married to me in 2027." Mick said sarcastically.

Len only laughed but said nothing about it.

"Listen Mick, you're gonna meet me practically as soon as you get back to 2016. Back then I was a bit of a loner and hard to handle. I had some serious trust issues. What I'm getting at is you need to be prepared." I started explaining to him but he cut me off with a raised hand.

"I don't care" he grumbled then walked out of the room.

I rolled my eyes with a sigh and followed him back to his room. I entered letting the door close behind me.

"Could you just go away?" He asked laying down on the bed.

"Not happening, you need to be yourself with the girl you are going to meet or you'll never get anywhere." I spoke harshly.

"Never said I wanted to get anywhere." He shrugged.

I groaned at his stubbornness. I decided there was only one way to get threw his thick skull. I walked straight up to him grabbing his face in my hands. I pressed my lips to his hoping I could convince him that this was what he wanted to do.

At first he was stunned not moving a muscle but as I moved my lips against his I felt him give in to the action. He kissed me back wrapping his arms around my waist. He tightened his grip and flipped us over so he was hovering over me on the bed.

"Woah there big guy" I stopped him by gently pressing my hands against his chest.

He arched a brow at me.

"I know you're the same person but my Mick is back in 2027. Your Lexi is waiting in 2016 to meet you. I just need to show you that this is a good thing." I spoke softly.

He sat up quickly allowing me to move from under him.

"I don't-" Mick started but I abruptly stopped him.

"Mick, you're a good man. A strong and caring man who would go to the ends of the earth for the people you care for. You like to keep this wall up but in reality you're nothing but a lovable teddy bear." I smiled lovingly at him.