Chapter 10

Barry just stared at me silently while I ate my dinner. I didn't have anything else to say. I don't know why I was so angry about Mick not calling me but I was. Angry isn't even the right term for it. I'm furious. I know Mick and I aren't actually a couple but for some reason I keep thinking and feeling like we are.

As soon as I finished my food I walked over to the sink and washed my plate. I silently walked back into the living room and fell on the couch with a huff. Barry sat beside me turning his body towards me.

"What's going on Lexi?" Barry asked as he threw his arm over the back of my couch.

"It's this shit with Mick. I know we aren't a couple and for some reason that thought bothers the hell out of me. I don't know why. I feel like I'm being pulled toward him. I'm trying to walk away from it but it's like an invisible force is pushing me back towards him. He is in my head all the time. I've never felt like this. It's absolutely awful Barry." I leaned over to put my head on his chest.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me close. His hands gently rubbing my back.

"Everything will work it's self out. You and Mick are meant to be after all. I'm pretty sure this is as new to him as it is to you." Barry's voice was soft as he tried to comfort me.

"Thanks Barry" I whispered.

I don't know when I ended up falling asleep all I know is I did because when I woke up I was alone in my bed. I rolled over to look at the clock. I groaned and got up to get dressed. Once I was ready for my day to start I grabbed my bag and keys then headed out the door.

Somehow I managed to get every bit of my work done at the school and now I had free time. This was new to me so I have no clue what to do.

A higher power must be watching because my phone rang showing Barry Allen's number.

"Hey Barry" I answered as I walked out of my office.

"Hey Lex, you free?" He asked a bit muffled.

"Yep just finished all my paperwork." I informed as I locked my door.

"Great, we are doing some work at the Labs if you want to come join. We could use your help."

"Sure I'll be right there." I hung up and shoved my phone in my bag.

Once I got to STAR Labs I went straight to the cortex. I'm glad I at least know how to get to that part of this building.

I walked into the cortex but didn't see anyone at first. I heard the sound of fast running and machines beeping. I walked farther in the room and found Barry running on the weirdly massive treadmill. At least I know what that's for now.

I walked in the room and took the empty seat next to Cisco. Caitlyn was standing by one of the computer screens watching whatever it was showing her.

"Hey there Lexi" Cisco smiled nudging me with his shoulder.

"Hey Ramon" I laughed nudging him back.

"Barry, everything looks perfectly fine." Caitlyn sounded exasperated as she turned to look at the still running Barry Allen.

He slowed himself down then stepped off the treadmill looking like he hadn't been doing any sort of impossible speed running.

"Hey Lex" he greeted as he walked over to me.

"Hey Barry" I smiled standing up to hug him.

The four of us made our way back into the cortex. Both Caitlyn and Cisco took a seat at the computer desk in the middle of the room. I stood with Barry in front of them.

"Ok, so this is what we know about the weather wizard." Cisco said right before a large screen on the wall brought up a picture with some information.

Wait, I know him.

"That's Mark" I said pointing to the picture on the screen.

"Yea, Mark Mardon, also know as the weather wizard." Cisco gestured proudly to himself for reasons I do not know.

"I met him last night." I said stepping closer to the screen.

"What?" Barry questioned.

"Where?" Cisco asked preparing to type on his computer.

"At a bar called Saints and Sinners." I spoke quietly as I kept my back to the others.

"What were you doing there?" Barry asked coming into view in front of me.

I shrugged and continued to stare at the screen. That metahuman was definitely the guy I met at the bar. There is no doubt about that.

"I use to go there a lot to drink and get my mind off things. That's where I met Mick too. I was there last night trying to drown my sorrows when I met Mark. I was just about to leave when this storm started all of a sudden. So I let him drive me home. He even gave me his number."

I turned around to see Caitlyn and Cisco just staring at me. Barry didn't look very pleased either.

"What?" I asked all of them.

"Mark Mardon is a bad guy Lexi. You should stay away from that bar." Barry spoke sternly.

"Look Barry, I appreciate you trying to look out for me but trust me I wouldn't be going to that bar if I couldn't handle taking care of myself." I turned to look back at Mark's picture on the screen.

"I do think I can help you though. Are you guys trying to bring Mardon in?" I asked turning back to Caitlyn and Cisco.

They both nodded.

"Okay I'll call you with the details." I pointed behind me to Barry.

I flashed him a cheeky grin then headed out of the Labs and back to my car.

I had to drive all the way back to my apartment to get Mark's number. Once I was inside I grabbed the piece of paper and dialed quickly.