Chapter 30

Mick just stared blankly at me. I was beginning. To think I broke him before he chuckled.

"If you think I'm a teddy bear then you don't know a damn thing about me princess." His voice laced with venom as he moved to lay back down.

"I actually know you better then anyone. I even know you better than Len does. Just give it a chance Mick is all I'm saying." I kept my voice soft as I stared at him.

I leaned down and pressed my lips against his again just as the door to his room opened. Nate stepped in not caring to look around thinking only Mick was there. When he did look up he saw the two practically making out on Mick's bed.

"Seriously!?" Nate shouted in disbelief.

I shot up into a sitting position completely surprised by my brother's sudden appearance. His face turned bright pink from embarrassment.

"Just give it a chance Mick." I said one last time then left the room.

Mick's POV

When Sara announced we'd be taking Lexi home shortly I headed back to the main deck to get my seat. I don't know what the hell that girl has going on in her head but I still don't believe I'd ever be a family man. I never have been. The only "family" I've ever really had is Len and Lisa.

I silently took my seat and strapped myself in. At least I'm getting rid of this pain. She just feels like a constant mat buzzing around me.

Sara was still in the captain chair although Rip was back but everyone was still pretty pissed at him so that wasn't a big surprise. The jump was a quick as always. In the blink of an eye we were landing again in the year 2027. I've somewhat gotten use to the time traveling. The most side effects I ever experience now is a nauseous stomach.

"It was a pleasure to see you guys again." Lexi smiled as she stood from her seat.

She hugged Nate and seemed to chide him about something before patting his shoulder and heading for the exit. Len and I silently got up and followed her. I really want to see if what she says is true.

The door opened revealing a well taken care of lawn. Two houses standing across from each other with a fountain in the middle was back in the distance.

I watched as Lexi slowly walked off the waverider. Three men and a small girl maybe 3 years old appeared to greet her. I stepped closer but kept myself hidden. Len did the same.

I can't believe it. That is me. I looked relaxed and happy as Lexi walked up to me. He was holding the little girl's hand but picked her up right as Lexi stopped in front of him. She reached up and gave him a loving kiss then did the same to the little girl. Len stood with his arm around Barry's shoulders while holding what looked like an infant in his other arm. Lexi hugged Barry and gave Len a kiss on the Cheek. She even gave the infant a little peck too.

I stepped out of the shadows and into the doorway as they all turned to walk towards the houses. Mick, older me, picked the child up causing her to laugh then placed her on his shoulders.

In complete honesty the scene completely screwed me up. I never expected to see myself in a domesticated life with a wife and child. I glanced over to Len who was smiling like a fool.

"Who would have thought that me and Barry would still be together in 10 years." He laughed as he watched our future selves walk away.

The door finally closed causing Len and I to make our way back to the main deck.

After what I saw I guess I could give this a chance like Lexi asked. But if she turns out to be too much of a pain in my ass I'm not going to deal with it.

"When we get back in town you want to hit up Saints and Sinners for a few drinks?" Len asked leaning closer to speak to only me.

I grinned and nodded. Hell yea, I missed that rough ass crowd of idiots.

The End