Chapter 4

The day had gone by just as slowly as I thought it would. Nate called me a few times but I ignored it. I was still very pissed at him. So, when my phone rang again I figured it was him. I looked down at it to see the Central City Police Station.

"Hello?" I answered suddenly worried.

"Hi, is this Lexi Heywood?" The voice on the other end asked.

He sounded young. Possibly my age.

"Yes, this is her" I answered.

"My name is Barry Allen. I work for the CCPD as CSI. I'm working on an interesting case that I could use some help with. Someone told me you'd be the best for the job." I could her papers shuffling on his end.

"Well, I can try I guess." I mumbled not sure how I could help.

"Great! Can you meet me at Star Labs ASAP?"

Star Labs? Why there?

"Yea, sure, I'll head there now." I said as I picked up my bag and keys from my desk.

"Great I'll see you there." Then he hung up.

Who could have told him about me being able to help? Who would have told him that? I just don't understand why weird things are suddenly happening to me. Then again, Star Labs is where the Flash's base of operations is. That's easy enough to know. Maybe I'll get the chance to meet that impossible man.

The drive there wasn't long thankfully. I wanted to get this over with so I could go home and get some sleep. I walked inside to find absolutely no one.

"Hello? Anyone here?" I called out as I headed down a random hallway.

"You must be Lexi. You're headed the right way. Straight down the hall first opening to your right." An unknown male voice spoke threw what I'm guessing was a Intercom system.

I did as he said until I came to the opening. I stepped in the room to find a big computer set up in the middle. I small hospital area to the left and a room with an odd looking treadmill on the right.

"Welcome to Star Labs. I'm Cisco." The man who spoke to me earlier spoke standing up from his chair.

"I'm Caitlyn" The woman beside him smiled sweetly.

"And I'm Barry!" The loud voice made me jump.

I turned to see Barry Allen standing behind me. He was wearing skinny jeans and a long sleeve shirt. He was actually pretty cute.

"Nice to meet you" I smiled extending my hand to him.

"You too" he had a grin on his face as he shook my hand.

"You still pissed at me?" Nate's voice came from the hallway.

I peaked around Barry to see him leaning against the doorway with none other than Captain Cold behind him. I really hope Mick isn't with them too.

"It's just me and him." Nate said stepping into the room.

"You're friends with Captain Cold too? What exactly are you suppose to be doing again? Fixing things? I'm pretty sure the only thing Cold and Heatwave are fixing is the amount of money in their pocket." I spoke harshly towards both men.

"Woah woah, calm down Lexi. Cold isn't a bad guy." Barry defended.

I turned to him with an 'I can't believe you just said that' look.

"He isn't a bad guy anymore." He rephrased.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms turning away from them.

"What exactly did you want my help on?" I asked getting annoyed.

"Your area of expertise." Nate said from behind me.

"World War 2?" I questioned turning to face the three men.

Nate, Cold, and Barry all nodded in unison.

"What about it? How's it going to help you with a case?" I asked Barry.

"It's actually for the legends." Cisco spoke up from his seat.

I turned towards him with a brow raised in question.

"Come again?" I asked him.

"Our team" Cold drawled sounding just as annoyed as I was.

In that moment I lost it. I burst into laughter so hard I had to clutch me stomach. They had to be kidding me! Legends? Seriously? They were becoming a legendary pain in my ass I could say that much.

"You guys were right. She really doesn't believe it." It was Cold again but this time he sounded amused.

"Why is it such a surprise that I don't believe this nonsense? If this is really true then awesome but leave me out of it. I'd rather have my normal, boring, lonely life then deal with this bullshit." I was still chuckling but everyone could tell I was being serious.

"Can you at least give us the info we need before you leave?" Cold asked stepping towards me with a smirk.

"I can get it out of you if you don't want to talk." His tone made a shiver run threw me.

He was standing a few inches from me now. The look in his eyes told me he would do it if he had to. I crossed my arms and stared at him in a challenging manner. His smirk grew as he stepped even closer.

As soon as he reached for me I grabbed his arm twisting it as I turned my back to him then elbowed him in the face. He landed on the floor with a grunt.

"Don't threaten me Cold." I sneered at him.

He looked up at me in surprise. His eye would definitely be bruised. It was already red. He stood up and dusted himself off. His eyes landed on me with a nod of approval.

"What do you want to know?" I asked turning back to Barry.

"The location of an artifact." Nate spoke up.

I sent a glare his direction before turning back to Barry. He nodded for me to follow him out of the room. He led me further down the hallway before heading into another room. It looked like a real scientist lab.

"This is what the legends are looking for." Barry pulled up an image on one of the computers.

I knew the item instantly. Although the location wasn't exact but I could figure it out in an hour at most. I sat down at the computer and got to work. Barry sat in the chair next to me and scooted closer.

"Can I give you some advice?" He asked looking at me hesitantly.

"Sure, why not?" I asked not taking my eyes off the screen.

"Don't be pissed at them. Trust me, it might sound impossible but it's not. You'd be a great asset to both the legends and team flash but most importantly to Mick Rory." He sounded sincere.