1. New City New Start

(August 1, 2017) QUICK EDIT!! When I started writing this back in February, I totally forgot that FRANCE HAS FREE COLLEGE. So I'm just fixing a small blip 

*awkward laughing* (in a small voice) plz don't tell the french they might evoke my citizenship ;-;

______

So I've never actually written fan fiction before... I write a ton for fun, but never about characters other than mine... Well hopefully this won't suck! Also, small warning, this chapter is going to be a little slow at first to properly set everything up, things will speed up in their own way later on

(I will try updating every saturday or so, but I'm in college, some other things might take priority from time to time, and I promise, not all my chapters will be this long)

____________________________

Me and my mom entered our new apartment complex for the first time. I looked around at the peeling walls. The front door led in directly to one large room that seemed to be a combination of a kitchen and a living room. On the far wall of the living room there was a single window.

I walked in further a few more steps and peered down a small hallway to the left. It was about two meters long... Actually that was too generous of a measurement. At its end was a small closet with space for a washing machine. On the left side of the hallway was a ratty old bathroom, and the room on the right side was a small bedroom.

"Well Félix, what do you think?" My mom walked in with a few boxes.

"I'll try to contain my excitement," I stated unimpressed.

"Oh come on! I know it's not the best apartment but hey! At least it came with furniture! Like this lovely dinner table-,"

"With no chairs..." I muttered.

"This nice stove-," She seemed not to have heard me.

"Let's bet, I give it two days before it catches fire," I jibed sarcastically.

"There's even a fridge, washer and a bed! This is the best place we've found in a while!" She looked at me hopefully.

"Well whoop-dee-do," I set my boxes down.

"Don't be like that," she frowned sadly.

"I'm going to get some more stuff," I walked down a flight of stairs.

"You really are a stick in the mud!!" Fuko scolded me, "I quite like it! The previous owner did a really good job trying for the whole rustic look!" she said excitedly.

"Get out of my face you flying rat," I rolled my eyes as I grabbed the biggest box. There, now my mom would only have light things to carry. "The place isn't supposed to look rustic, it's actually rotting."

"I'm not a rat!!" Fuko seemed offended, "I'm a kwami!" the cat-like being stuck her nose in the air.

"What you are, is a fake, a pretend kwami, that nobody can see but me."

"Félix, you're being meaner than normal today!" She complained sitting on my shoulder as I walked back up the stairs.

"I'm cranky, it's been a long day," I shrugged, "Get off my back will you!"

"It's hurting your mom's feelings!" she reminded me in a singsong voice.

"Good!" I snapped irritably even though I didn't mean it. Whatever. I walked back into the apartment.

My mom turned to face me, "Oh good, you brought up your cello!" her eyes sparkled warmly, "After you tried so hard to get rid of it during this move I was afraid I'd have to protect it from you," she stroked my hair lovingly.