40. Epilogue

Aaaaand Finale part 4!! Thank you everyone who stuck it out this long, and for everyone who was along for the ride too! I'm going to be taking a break from fan fiction with classes and all. Don't know if I'll ever pick up Félix's story again or not. I do have a friend over on AO3 who wants to co-author an Avatar fan fic with me, but that's just in planning mode atm. If I do do fan fiction again in the future, it'll likely be over there. Same user name and everything!

Thanks again everyone and enjoy the last chapter!

_______

I jolted myself awake, startled. It was dark, and there was... beeping and tiny lights around the room. Frowning, I tried sitting up. It took a lot more effort and groaning that I remembered it needing, even from a propped up position.

Was I... in a hospital room? It took me a few seconds, but then I started remembering, sort of. I most definitely remembered getting kidnapped, and I could also remember waking up in that magic, sealed room for kidnapped hostages. But it felt like my memory started tapering off after a certain point in time, of which I couldn't pinpoint.

Something felt off. There was a weight against my stomach. I looked down. Great. My right arm was in a sling. Brilliant. I tried moving my arm to see how badly I'd hurt it, only to find that it was dead weight against me. I couldn't move it at all, or feel it for that matter.

My eyes suddenly widened, shocked. My ring was gone. Where was my ring? Fuko. Where was Fuko? Was she okay? Was someone else cursed?! Okay... calm down... I told myself.

I leaned back onto the pillows that propped me up at a forty-five degree angle, and eyed the ceiling. Then I realized there was someone next to me.

I looked to my left. In the dark, it was difficult to discern an identity, but there was definitely someone who had fallen asleep in the chair next to me. I scrunched my eyes, trying to identify who it was.

"Mom?" I called her, recognizing her hair.

She jumped awake. Then she looked around confused.

"Mom," I called her again.

Her eyes widened as she focused on me, "Félix!" she reached for my left hand, and I wrapped my fingers with hers. "How are you feeling?"

Now that was a good question. "Hmmm.... Well, I guess I could say I feel like I was riding a car that got hit by a bus, then a train, before being dropped off of mount Olympus and stomped on by a titan," yeah. That sounded about right. "How long have I been out?"

My mom chuckled at my comment, then she pulled out her phone, checking the time, "Well, let's see. It's four in the morning... I'd say... fourteen-ish hours?" she guessed.

I cracked a smile, "I swear, I could go for fourteen more," I told her.

She reached over and brushed some hair out of my face, "Then you should."

"Mmm," I disagreed, "I've got... too much on my mind," I admitted.

"And you've just woken up?" She arched an eyebrow at me.

"Well, beyond the usual chatter I have going on up here."

My mom sighed and leaned back on her chair, "Me too actually. We've... got a lot to talk about, don't we?"

"What are you thinking about?" I asked her.

"Why did you tell Adrien about your ring, but not me?" she immediately asked, "It seemed that he knew more about it than me. Not just him, but the whole school?" she continued.