10. Cats and Poetry

I'm just changing the day, to instead of Saturday to just be the weekend. I'll still aim for Saturday, but given the last three weeks, I guess it might come out on Sunday occasionally too

As for this week, sorry I published this so late on Sunday night, my best friend who moved away a year ago, popped a surprise visit this weekend and I just had to hang out with her!

_____

"Fuko..." I glared at my spirit cat, "What did you just eat?"

"Nothing!" she insisted.

"I bet it was crumbs. What else would you find at a café table?"

"I didn't eat anything!" she insisted. Although the suspiciously small tongue marks on the table suggested otherwise.

I sat back and pressed my lips together, still glaring at her. If she really had eaten something, then RIP Paris! I still had the last instance where she ate something burned in my memory. Freaking adults getting kidnapped by bubbles! In the past when she'd eat something, sure, bad things would happen, and while not fun, at least they only affected me. However this time around, there was this baddie. What was his name? Stupid-moth? Wait no, Papillion.

Well, he might as well call himself Stupid-Moth, it was just as dumb as calling yourself butterfly and thinking it was menacing.

"Tell you what Fuko," I stared her in the eye, "I'll make a deal with you, if you fess up now, I'll only throw about a bottle cap's worth full of water at you. However, if you insist that you're innocent, and later, something really bad happens, I will personally hold you under a faucet until you're so wet it'll take you hours to completely dry."

"That's not fair!" Fuko protested, "That's a loose-loose situation for me!"

"Ah, so you did eat something?"

"No!" Fuko denied a little too quickly. "I just... it's unfair!"

"Alright, then let me add this," I proposed, "If you are innocent, then nothing bad will happen, and there won't be any need for consequences. However, if you are guilty, well you already know what'll happen if you feign innocence."

Fuko shuffled her paws uncomfortably, and shifted her gaze around. Then she scowled at me and mumbled, "Idideatafewcrumbs..."

I sighed, and filled up my bottle cap with some water and threw the water at her. Fuko flinched. "Well it's a start," I muttered.

Fuko glared me.

What was I going to do with her? I sighed dejectedly. She was utterly impossible.

My phone buzzed with an incoming text. I'd been leaving it on as of late because Paws liked texting me questions about his homework, when we could meet up in the library, or even if I could distract his bodyguard so he could sneak out.

I looked down at the phone.

Paws: Can we meet up in the library today so you can proof read my essay?

I made a face as I typed my reply.

Well Paws, how can I put it, it's the weekend, the library is closed.

Paws: Would my house work?

Wouldn't your dad's assistant kick me out for being so fabulous I shame your dad?

Paws: No, I'm sure it's fine!

Alright, I'm coming

The things I did for Paws... I still couldn't believe it myself to be perfectly honest.