32. Catastrophe

Chapter under cut!

___

Chapter will be out tomorrow! I promise! I'm sorry for missing last week, I was invited last minute to a weekend event (it was wonderful, I'd always dreamed of going to this)! I 100% meant to release this today, but I have some guests coming over so time got away from me preparing for them to come. The chapter is... hmmm 50-80% done-ish as of right now, I promise I will get it out tomorrow! I'll put up a small scene today to hold you guys off until then. 

Also, I decided to cut out Kung Food, so officially, as of now, this fic will end with 40 chapters, so 8 more to go! And four of them is just finale stuff -muffled evil laughter- you guys are gonna get soooooooooooo many cliffhangers for those

______

Claude and I were strolling down the street. My mom had gone shopping with some friends, giving us the opportunity to start planning the proposal without her knowing.

Also, I was pretty sure she'd get highly suspicious if she found out he and I were out here together of our own free will.

"So which one do you think she'll like more?" Claude asked me while we munched on an apple on a bench.

I pointed on the map, "The garden for sure, it'll be less crowded, more green and quite frankly, more romantic if you go when there are flowers around," I explained.

"Of course!" Claude took out his pen, and circled the location with some notes along the margins. "And I know that in one corner of that garden, if we time it right, we could get her favorite flowers."

"Huh oh yeah, that's a good idea," Claude wasn't as much as an idiot as I took him for.

"I'm sorry, did you just compliment me?" he sassed.

"Ask me again and I'll personally shove you into that trashcan," I threatened, pointing to the trashcan down the street.

"DON'T DO IT! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!" Fuko screeched.

Claude tensed and laughed nervously, before shifting his weight and writing down some dates. "Would you be willing to hide somewhere and play romantic music on your cello?" he asked.

"You're lucky that I finally got over the whole music thing, however, I'm still fresh out of cellos," I told him. With Paws, I was merely borrowing one. "I wouldn't mind stealthily throwing petals at you guys though." I already imagined myself using Fuko to rain petals down on them. Having a magically flying cat had it's benefits sometimes.

"Yes! Perfect! And then maybe we could-," Claude was interrupted by my phone ringing.

I pulled it out to see who it was.

"It's your kitten brother!" Fuko sang, "Answer it! Answer it!"

"It's Paws," I told Claude before taking the call, "Hello?"

"Félix! Want to go to the movies?!" Paws came right out with it.

I glanced at Claude uncertainly, "Actually Paws, I'm kind of planning something with Claude right now. I could go later though."

"Aww come on! I just ditched the gorilla!" Paws whined. I was glad we were talking over the phone, because I bet you he was using his puppy eyes and those I could not resist.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, "It's really important."

Paws sighed, "It's okay, what is it anyways?" he asked.

I smirked at Claude who seemed to be more or less accompanying the conversation, "Sorry, that's classified! I'll let you know what it is when it's closer."