16. Fuko Slept All Day Today, Mostly

Sorry, random issue I thought I saw, no changes have been made

______________

Story is below announcement 

______________

Don't worry guys, I AM working on this chapter. At this point, I haven't really felt like writing for Félix for a while, so I've been forcing myself to write so I at least release one chapter a week, but I fell a bit behind this week. It's close to completion which usually means I would post it tomorrow, except that I'm doing an all-day sort of thing with a friend, and this is the last chance we have to hang out and spend time together before I go back up to college again, so I probably won't have any time to complete it tomorrow!

Also, I get back to school mid August, and considering I'm doing marching band (as well as other homework heavy courses, oh and of course A JOB), I'm basically going to have no life. So at the moment, my goal for Just My Luck is to update once every two weeks (and I'll try and aim for Saturday, and it'll be like a every other Saturday type thing ) and there will probably be a buffer period for adjustment since I'm clearly not posting on Saturday every week, I've got to re-orient myself in order to be able to get back on that track. But if it does become too much for me, I might take a hiatus, or skip an update week, or maybe change the frequency which I release altogether. I will inform you guys if that happens and what my plans for the immediate future are regarding the story, I will not randomly disappear, I will always keep you guys updated on what's going on (if I do randomly disappear... well hopefully we won't ever have to cross that bridge) 

Anyways, have a happy Saturday and keep an eye out for chapter 16 on Sunday!! (as with previous chapters that I've made notices for, I will be editing ON TOP of this notice and will not be creating a new part! So if the chapter's title pops up and is no longer TBA, I have probably posted the chapter!) 

______________

I left Claude's apartment as early as possible, before anyone else woke up. No easy feat since Fuko was utterly exhausted, and of course, I inherited that exhaustion.

There was too much going on right now. I didn't want to get all mixed up in police business, and besides, my mom probably had a lot of questions. Questions I'm not ready to answer... I thought to myself silently while subconsciously gripping my ring finger with my other hand.

I flinched when I accidentally rubbed the ring against the burn. At least I was at the school now and was slowly going through the morning rounds. I somehow had managed to beat Mme Dubois to the library, but luckily M Damocles had been here and let me in.

"So now what?" Fuko asked flopped on top of my head while I set up some book carts with books that needed to be returned to their shelves.

"Now," I began answering her, "you shut up and behave or else I'll throw you in the trash again."

"Ah, so you're in that mood."

I stood up and sighed.

"Hello Félix," Mme Dubois greeted me from behind, "Nice to see you so early."

I shrugged, too tired to think of anything snarky to say.

Théo peeked from behind Mme Dubois, "Oh hey Félix!!! I want to show you something!" he pushed his way to me and was thumbing through his phone's pictures.

I stared at him with a deadpan expression.

"Look look look!!" He apparently wasn't shifting through pictures, but rather email. "The mayor heard about my work and is now commissioning me to build a statue in their honor!!"