15. The Claws Are Out

I have a lot going on guys ;-; sorry I don't have a set release date for chapters atm

__________

I stared at the address on the note as I was being zipped away on the metro. The address was on the old side of Paris. I know that was a moot point to make in literally a city that was well over a thousand years old, but believe me, this building was old.

I recognized the address. I know, it's strange. Me just casually knowing a random address in Paris, but once upon a time me and my brother wanted to visit a haunted house (can't exactly recall the reason why) and this address had been the fruit of our laborious research of haunted spots in France. The building was made of ancient wood, and was so unstable and structurally unsound nobody was allowed to use the building until it was refurbished.

However, (and this is what interested me and my brother) bad things tended to happen to people who even went near it with the intend to renovate it. So it just sat there, taking up space.

I stared at the time now. They wanted me to be there at 22:45. Weren't exactly patient were they. Granted they were absolutely convinced I was Chat Noir, so it's not like they thought I needed time to scrape up the "money".

Fuko hovered near my head, "What are you going to do Félix?" she asked me, nervously eyeing my hand tightly clutching my bag's straps.

What indeed. I had no idea. It was all I could do to keep myself from trembling. Punching Claude twice hadn't made me feel any better, although it did help me focus a bit.

The metro stopped moving, and I got off at the stop. As soon as I was up on the streets again, Fuko and I jumped at the three messages I received simultaneously on my phone.

Okay, I needed to calm down. I was anxious enough to jump at text messages, who knows if I'd be able to deal with the kidnappers.

I looked at my phone. The messages were from Paws. I gasped so hard I hiccuped. Yes. Paws... Maybe he could...

Hey Félix! I'm here at the Trocadero! Hoping you'll show up!

Everyone is here Félix! Well except for Alix and Marinette, so there's still time for you to show up and catch some of the race!

Hey, I was wondering if afterward you could help me out with my homework? My father's actually been asking me about you. I maybe have kind of told him about the fire incident so that I wouldn't get in trouble for sneaking out that day.

I hesitated. No... I shouldn't involve Paws, the real Chat Noir in this. Especially when he was having so much fun. Besides, wouldn't that be suspicious? Might just add more fuel to the fire in regards to secret identity... And what if he got hurt? I mean I knew that he risked his life every time he fought an akuma but... It's not like he got hurt with Ladybug around to protect him.

A new message came in. Gotta go! Hero time!

You'd better be careful! I found myself thinking.

I decided to take a casual walk around the neighborhood, get a scope of what exactly I was dealing with.

Fuko gave my bag a tug with her teeth before I could get very far, "Félix stop, what if they see you?"

"Now's not the time Fuko!" I hissed at her.

"If they knew who your mother was, then they certainly know what you look like! If they spot you wandering around they might hasten everything up! Then you won't have any time to plan!"