30. My Brother's Duet

Another short one

______________

"Hey Félix," Paws asked, "Do you have any more romantic advice?"

"Still crushing on Ladybug?" I arched an eyebrow at him. We were heading back to his house from the park. I insisted in coming back early due to an old Chinese man following us. Paws insisted I come to his house for a final rehearsal with him for the cello solo to show his teacher. But I felt suspicious. He had mysteriously stopped asking me to rehearse with him for a couple weeks now, only to invite me over (on a weekend no less, when his teacher didn't usually come) to complete a final rehearsal?

"SHE'S YOUR CLASSMATE!" Fuko screamed at him.

Paws playfully jumped onto a bench and began balancing his way across it, completely deaf to Fuko, "How about it? I've been getting nowhere with her."

"Here's a better idea," I smirked, "Why don't you invite Marinette to go to the movies, or do something fun? I could chaperone."

"Félix, the one I like is Ladybug."

"THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON!!!" Fuko yelled into Paws' ear to no avail.

"Uh huh. Look, if you don't invite Marinette, I'll arrange something myself."

Paws hopped in front of my path, "Uh hello? Why aren't you helping me?" He put his hands on his hips.

I mimicked him, "Uh hello? Why aren't you going for the much easier and tangible option? You have something against Marinette?"

"No of course not," Paws shook his head, "Marinette's adorable and a good friend! But she's not Ladybug."

Fuko screamed in frustration.

"MmmHmm..." I patted his head, "Do you have any idea what you sound like?" I stepped around him.

"I'm serious Félix! What do I do with Ladybug!" Paws tailed after me.

"I'm serious too Paws. Go do something fun with Marinette. Things will work out, trust me," I wasn't sure if he'd be able to put two and two together. Suddenly I fretted that I might've accidentally given Laces' identity away with a much too obvious hint.

"Is Marinette friends with Ladybug?"

I sighed exasperatedly, "You know what, I give up."

"So what do I do?" Paws asked eagerly.

Goodness, I needed patience... Whatever. Is there a chance that maybe I could get Laces to go for Chat Noir? A memory of him making the lamest pun ever in a cat suit drifted to my mind. No, probably not...

"Alright look," I faced him, "Don't be too superficial in your compliments and flirting alright? Girls like to know that you like them for what's in here," I pointed my finger at his chest, "not on the outside."

"But I already like her for her inside!" Paws insisted, "Do you have any idea how attractive that stubbornness of hers is?! And she's soooooo smart, and kind, and..." he sighed dreamily.

"Disgusting," I rolled my eyes at him.

"You know what I look for in love?" Fuko asked me. I shook my head. Fuko pouted.

It would seem that we had arrived to his house at the same time as his teacher. She was just heading towards the gate.

"Hello boys," she greeted us, "Where you coming from?"

"The park," Paws answered, grinning from ear to ear. Honestly, it was horrifically easy to make Paws happy. Since he'd been always trapped in that stupid house of his his whole life, a trip to the park was like going to Disneyland for him.