26. So Apparently I'm Everyone's Big Brother

So uh... I forgot to plan ahead and extend my chapter outline, and I'm sort of caught up with it? uh oh

I'll try to make sure this doesn't affect the pacing of the weekly saturday release, but if I disappear next week, or it's a little late, that's what happened. I spent some time increasing my outline and modifying it. 

I also made some decisions about the future of the story. I was driving myself up a wall trying to figure out what I was going to do with all of the akuma chapters, cuz I haven't covered a LOT of akumas. I originally planned to feature all of the S1 akumas, but then I exempted I think it was Princess Fragrance, but now I'm thinking I'll kick out some more. They feel too much like filler, and I try really hard not to have back to back akuma chapters, but I'm also having trouble thinking of different things that could occur in between them without it feeling like a filler. I want each of my chapters to have a purpose, either for character growth, establishing relationship/upgrading relationship status, pushing plot forward, or introducing a plot point. Not all chapters have everything on that list, but at least every chapter has one of those things, and I can't find/make up reasons for chapters that I feel are filler. 

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that this fic might end up shorter than I originally intended, but I promise, it's not going to be horribly bad or anything kk? There'll still be a 4 part finale and everything. It's just Félix is starting to get to the point where I wanted him to grow into as a character, and once he settles there, there really won't be much more reason to keep going with the story because his arc will be more or less over. Honestly, the only thing to be done after that, is resolving his little ring problem (GET READY FOR BOATLOADS OF ANGST, BRING UR LIFE JACKETS).

Once I hit the final chapter for this story, I'll be marking it down as Completed inside Wattpad. The only further work I might do with it, is a side-continuation for me to write another akuma episode from Season 2+ should I feel it'd be entertaining enough to throw Félix back into the frey with his beloved Paws. I'm making no promises though, just a possibility 

Enjoy the chapter!

______

Today was the unveiling of the statue Théo had been commissioned to do. I, of course, was being the ever dutiful friend, fellow co-worker, and big brother by coming here for both Théo and Paws. Mme Dubois would've been here too, but alas, she was still on her mysterious leave of absence.

Théo was sucking on a lollipop. I wasn't quite sure why he was doing it here though. Usually he had one in his mouth while he filed books at the library. Théo exchanged words with the mayor for a second, and then he noticed me in the crowd. He seemed to be relieved to see some sort of familiar face, because he smiled at me and then wave nervously.

I found myself smiling back and returning the wave. I wasn't quite sure what our exact relationship was to be honest. I wouldn't call us friends, but Théo certainly did try his best with me. I often wondered why he kept trying.

"You're awfully chipper," Claude noted. He was covering the event for his news company.

I returned my hand to my pocket and shrugged, "He's worked hard on this."

Fuko giggled a top my shoulder, "He also wouldn't shut up about it for the past two weeks!"

That too, I smirked at her comment and suppressed a laugh.

Claude looked at me strangely.

Before I could ask him what was on his mind, there was a whooping. Ah, there was Paws, gallivanting across the rooftops of Paris like a drunken idiot. I couldn't blame his joy though. It wasn't like the kid didn't receive a lot of honors and recognition as Adrien Agreste, but for once he was receiving an honor for actually doing something he felt was worthwhile rather than just being the son and model of a celebrity.