17. Goats and Llamas

HEy!! I actually updated on Saturday!!! WOOOOoOOT

_______________

I waved at Nino, making sure he could find me through the crowd. Nino waved back enthusiastically, and grabbed someone near him and began pulling him in my direction. Great! Paws had come with Nino! One less person to find in this crowd.

Even though inviting Paws and his friend for a day out had been my idea, I'll admit, I had been more than a bit nervous about the crowded place they requested. The only reason I hadn't outright objected was because I knew Paws' ring mostly absorbed my bad luck.

While I had been waiting, a few poor souls had tripped when they walked near me, dropping their things, or falling into puddles, but at least now, people would be safer. 

"Can I have a lick of your ice cream?" Fuko asked me as I myself licked my ice cream cone.

"No."

"Hey Félix!" Paws greeted me.

I gave him a wave because my mouth was momentarily full of ice cream.

"Where'd you get the ice cream?" Nino asked.

I pointed to a nearby shop, "Want some? My treat," I offered them.

"For real?" Paws exchanged glances with Nino excitedly.

"Sure," I shrugged.

"Thanks for taking us to the farmer's market too," Paws thanked me as we walked. "I've always wanted to go to one!"

"Yes," I said dryly, "a wonderful place full of pickpockets and thieves. Woohoo."

"It's not really that bad," Nino smiled and shrugged off my comment at the sight of Paws' worried face.

"When you have luck as bad as mine, you want to avoid places like this," I explained. "But I'll admit, it is a nice place to be, even if you're just walking around and not buying anything."

Paws' eyes widened, "Is that a goat over there?" he pointed to my right.

I looked in the direction he gestured. "Looks like it," I agreed. "Kinda cute, he might be a baby." There was a tiny brown and black goat standing on top of a box. He was eagerly trying to sniff passers-by, or eat their shirts. I couldn't tell.

"Why is there a goat there?" Paws asked. We had reached the ice cream parlor and were entering. The parlor was clearly trying to imitate American shops, or at least that's how I felt about it. It had a white tile floor and walls painted an icy white. Maybe to create the illusion that it was cooler inside than outside. Not that it particularly mattered though, it was early spring and still kind of chilly.

I'm surprised there was even a farmers market open this early in the year.

"Oh you know," I shrugged, "probably advertising goat cheese."

For a moment, I could've sworn that the inside of Paws' jacket moved on it's own, as a reaction to this comment.

"Is it any good?" Nino asked, "Goat cheese I mean."

We were now in line for ice cream, "It's not bad," Paws answered.

While we waited, Nino starting staring at me.

"Look," I told him deadpan, "I'm not interested in dating and you're way too young."

Paws choked on seemingly nothing and started laughing.

Nino held up his hands, flustered and embarrassed, "No no! I don't like you! Er, I mean, I don't think you look hot- WAIT NO I MEAN YOU LOOK NICE BUT I DON'T-,"