Dinner as Planned?

Lana's POV
I picked Maddie up and she was now throwing a tantrum. Why would she say I don't want her? I need to tell her that I'm just going out and I'm coming back. Only if she would let me talk. I walked over and sat on the couch putting Maddie on my lap facing me. I pulled her into my chest and she was still crying and trying to escape my grip. I just held on and was trying to soothe her. The poor girl, she thinks I'm leaving her again and it's destroying her. She's mine forever she needs to realize that and I'm never going to leave her. How am I going to do this dinner tonight? I can't leave her after I know how she feels about this.
Me: "Maddie please calm down so I can talk to you?"
Maddie: "HMPH!"
She still had her paci in and lately she has been pretty good with not using it but I won't even try to take it away from her right now.
Me: "Maddie, I am never going to leave you. I was just going to go out and then come back home after to play with you!"
She looked up at me confused, hopefully she is started to understand.
Me: "I will never you ever, ever, ever. You are mine baby okay? I will always come back for you!"
Her face relaxed and I thought she understood and would be fine with me leaving her from now on knowing I will be back.
Maddie: "NO MOMMY STAY!"
Instead of crying and saying this she yelled it. I guess I was wrong...
Me: "Maddie I will come back."
Maddie: "NO! YOU STAY WITH ME!"
She was giving me my own motherly look right now and it was kind of scaring me. Now I know how she feels! Well now I know it works I guess, even on adults.
Me: "Maddie stop it I am allowed to go out."
Maddie: "NO YOU NOT!"
I feel like I am arguing with my mom right now, but it's a three year old. The sad part is she is winning because of her cuteness. I give up I can't leave her. What if I called Sean and asked if we could have dinner here? Maddie and him get along, I just feel bad because it won't be romantic. Having a three year old need me to take her potty for example really kills the mood. I will try though or maybe he will just want to reschedule, which I will be disappointed with to be honest. I was excited for this dinner because I really have strong feelings for Sean.
Maddie: "Mommy, stay?"
She was calm now and using her cute little voice that I always love to hear.
Me: "Mommy will stay Maddie."
Her face lit up and she wrapped her arms around me and cuddled into me. I cuddled her back and mentally laughed at myself for losing to a three year old when she was using the same tactics I use on her. I guess I should call Sean... I hope he doesn't get mad or upset.
Me: "Here let's watch cartoons okay? Mommy will be right back!"
I put her down in the couch and turned on the cartoons, in surprised she didn't just put up a fight because I'm leaving her for a minute.

I grabbed my phone and started to call Sean.
Sean: Hey lana! You excited for tonight?
Me: About tonight, I am in a situation right now.
Sean: How do you mean love?
Me: Well Maddie won't let me leave and she is scared of me leaving and she was going to run away. Long story I can't go, but you can come here if you want. For dinner I mean...
Sean: For sure! Sounds fun can't wait. Little Lana just doesn't want to leave her mommy I totally understand.
Me: Thanks so much, so still for six but just at my place sound good?
Sean: Yep see you then!

And with that we both hung up leaving me with a smile on my face.