The Playdate

Lana's POV
I still haven't mentioned anything to Maddie about the playdate today. I got her all dressed and ready, now we are just waiting for Charlotte to arrive. I can't wait to see my daughter's face light up!

Maddie: "Mommy where are we going?"
Me: "Nowhere honey, we are just hanging out at the house today."
Then she just continued to watch her cartoons. Right now Sean is out at the store getting some snacks for the girls to eat later on, I've been eating all the snacks lately...
*DING DONG*
Crap, ok she's here. Ok Lana, prepare yourself for a hectic day full of little girls jumping around everywhere.
Maddie: "Who's here mommy? Is Sean back?"
Me: "No, Maddie come here I have someone for you to see."
We went to the door and when I opened it, I was taken back to this beautiful little girl standing before me. She had long blonde hair and was very thin with a tiny body.
Maddie: "CHARLOTTE!"
Charlotte: "MADDIE!"
Then two girls ran to each other and hugged tightly as if they haven't seen each other in years. It was honestly so adorable, I don't think Maddie has ever been this excited from the time I've been with her.
Maddie: "MOMMY IT'S CHARLOTTE!"
Me: "I know sweetie, you guys get to spend the day together! Hi Charlotte, nice to finally meet you. Maddie is very fond of you."
Charlotte: "Thank you and it's nice to meet you too Mrs."
Me: "Oh please just call me Lana."
Maddie: "Or mommy that's what I call her."
Me: "Maddie.. oh never mind. You girls can go play anywhere you want! We've got the whole day."

The girls ran off to play and Mrs. Harring stepped into the room.
Me: "Hello nice to see you again. That reunion was so cute."
Mrs. Harring: "Yes, I know those two girls are quite the duo."
Me: "Can I get you a coffee or tea?"
Mrs. Harring: "Oh yes please thank you."

I come back and give her the tea and we sit and talk on the couch.
Mrs. Harring: "So, how is Maddie doing?"
Me: "Great, I love her so much. I'm so happy I found her, she's changed my life for the better in many ways. So this Charlotte, where are her parents?"
Mrs. Harring: "That is great to hear. So Charlotte, she has been with me since just before Maddie came, that's why they are so close. 

Me: "Oh, I see. How old is she again?

Mrs. Harring: "She is 11 years old. She has given up all hope that she will ever be adopted because of her age, lately she has not been herself. Well, since Maddie left."

Oh great, I ruined this girls happiness now. Well that is lovely to know... not. 

Mrs. Harring: "I actually have to get going now if that is okay? I have a meeting for a couple wanting to adopt. You are dropping Maddie off correct?"

Me: "Yes, I am. I will see you later! Great talking to you again."

I showed her out the door and walk upstairs to find the girls now in Maddie's bedroom. I just watch them, they do not know I am yet. It is nice seeing Maddie smile and laugh like she is right now. This girl really means a lot to her and I feel really guilty separating them. Charlotte took my place basically while I was gone and now I just stole Maddie back from her. I wish that I could do something to repay or help this young girl. She really deserves a family...

Maddie: "Mommy! Come play Barbies with us, please?"

I smile and walk in, sitting on the floor next to Maddie who sits beside Charlotte. We all played Barbies together for a good 15 minutes before Maddie ran out to use the washroom. I take this chance to get to know Charlotte better.

Me: "So, how are you Mrs. Charlotte?"

Charlotte: "I'm okay, I guess. It is very different at home without Maddie being there."

Me: "I bet it is sweetie and I'm sorry about that. I wanted to thank you however for taking such great care of my little girl for me. And iI really mean that, thank you so much Charlotte."

Charlotte crawled over to me and gave me a hug. Then it hit me that I was crying.

Charlotte: "Don't cry Lana, you had to do what you had to do for Maddie. I understand and don't thank me, Maddie is just a special girl."

Me: "So are you Charlotte, so are you."

Hey everyone! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE OF MY READERS! In this year i started this book and it has grown tremendously.I honestly look at these readers and am shocked at how far this book has come so far and I have all of you to thank. Thank each and every one of you for your lovely and supportive comments. As I said before, I am going to try and be a lot more active and maybe even make another book sometime this year? We will see ;) ILY