4

Harry had woken up from a nightmare in the middle of the night and it took Draco an hour to calm him down. He brought the little boy into his bed and let him stay with him for the night. Harry had slept on Draco's chest the whole night, clinging on him like he was his lifeline. In a way, Draco was.

          "Are you ready for potions Harry?" Draco yawned holding the boy to go down to the dungeons. They had eaten in their chambers because they woke a bit too late but Harry needed to be fed. They were late for class but it was with Severus and Draco would not get yelled at. 

          Harry just rested his head on Draco's shoulder and sucked his thumb. He just wanted to be with Draco and no one else. He had a bad dream that the girl with the bushy hair took him away and he never saw his Draco again.

          They walked into class and Severus just raised an eyebrow at Draco as he slid into his seat next to Blaise. He placed Harry on his lap and the little boy just hid his face.

          "Mister Malfoy, as I was saying we will be working in pairs today reading chapters three and four. Next class we will be brewing a calming drought, understood?" Snape glowered.

          "Yes sir." Draco answered.

          "I also want to you see you after class."

          "Yes sir." Draco shifted Harry in his lap and then turned to Blaise to start working on the assignment.

          "Why were you late?" He asked.

          "Harry had a nightmare and we didn't get much sleep after that." Draco explained. Blaise nodded and shifted his opened book towards them.

          "We better get to reading. Is he gonna stay on your lap?" Blaise asked and Draco looked at Harry.

          "Are you gonna color Harry or do you wanna sit here?" He asked. Harry answered by holding on tightly to Draco.  "Do you want to rest?"

          "Yes." Harry replied quietly.

          "Okay, I'm gonna conjure you a cot." Draco pulled out his wand and did as said. "I'm gonna put you down."

          "No!" He cried frantically. 

          "Shh it's okay. I'm here." Draco told him. "I just want you to lie down and rest."

          "No go!" Harry held Draco tighter.

          "Mister Malfoy." Snape hissed. "Either settle him down here or leave until he calms." He told him. Draco nodded and held Harry tightly.

          "Harry shh calm down, okay? I'm not going anywhere." He rocked the boy and stroked his locks until he was lulled to sleep. Once he was, he placed him on the cot and studied with Blaise until the end of class.

          Harry was still sleeping when he met with Snape so he made sure he wasn't too far for when the boy woke up.

          "I got your owl Draco." He told him. "You want to keep him four for three months?" Severus questioned.

          "Yes sir. I've come to understand some new information and I do believe this would make him have a better childhood." Draco explained.

          "You are his guardian. But if you keep him as a child, we'd need to age him to eight right away because it'll disrupt the time frame."

          "Okay. If you need to, you can age him to fourteen right after that and then sixteen."

          "We'll see what we should do when the time comes." Severus explained. A small cry came from Harry and he called out for Draco.