11

A week and a half into Harry being eight years old, he had fallen ill.

          Draco woke up in the early hours of the morning to loud sounds of retching and coughing followed by Harry crying. He got out of bed and walked into the bathroom where Harry was huddled over the toilet. Draco could tell from Harry's back that he was sweating profusely. Harry's body tensed as he threw up into the bowl.

          "Harry." He spoke very softly. He summoned a cloth and ran in under cold water before putting it on the back of Harry's neck.

          "Draco." He whimpered.

          "It's okay." Draco flushed the toilet for Harry and helped him up. He noticed that the front of him was covered in vomited so he suppressed a grimace. "Let's get you out of those clothes, I want you to take a cold bath okay?" He pressed a hand to Harry's head and hissed at the heat coming from it.

          "I don't feel well." Harry cried.

          "I know baby." He told Harry. He started to run a bath for Harry and helped him discard his dirtied clothes. He helped Harry in the bath and Harry shivered. "It's cold, I know but it'll help your fever go down until I can get someone to pick up some medicine to make you feel better."  Harry only nodded and sat in the tub. He lied against the back of the tub and closed his eyes. He had removed his glasses to vomit. Draco grabbed another towel and dipped in the water before placing it on Harry's head to cool it down.

          "Draco." Harry groaned.

          "Shh just relax sweetheart, let me know if you have to vomit again, okay?"

          "Okay." Harry nodded in response. 

          They stayed there for about half an hour before Draco pulled Harry out and wrapped in a fluffy towel. He got Harry into clean clothes and felt his head.

          "You're still a bit warm but not as hot. Do you want to get into your bed and try to sleep?"

          "I want to stay with you." Harry clung onto Draco so the older boy picked Harry up. He brought him into the bedroom and placed him on the bed. "Can you get Jerry?" He asked.

          "Sure sweetheart." He said. Draco summoned the doll and then gave it to Harry. He placed a waste basket next to Harry. "If you need to vomit, throw up in the basket."

          "Okay Draco."

          "Try to sleep." He told the boy. He got into bed next to him and they both fell into a restless sleep.

          Draco didn't attend classes the next morning due to Harry being ill.  He hadn't thrown up again but he was having a bit of an issue with his bowels. Draco let him relax on the couch in front of the television after giving him some oatmeal to try to keep down.

          Since he didn't attend classes, Blaise stopped by and checked to see if everything was okay.

          "He's ill. I need to pick up some fever reliever and something to help with his bowels."  Draco explained to him. "Do you think you can sit with him?"

          "Yeah of course, is he vomiting?" Blaise asked.

          "Hasn't since about three this morning." Blaise nodded and walked over to sit with Harry. Draco followed and smiled sadly at the feverish little boy.

          "Harry, I'm gonna run out to get you some things to feel better. Blaise is gonna sit with you." He told Harry's whose eyes widened in horror.