17

Draco blinked at Harry with his mouth hanging open.

          "Y-You, what?" Draco inquired. "You want to be adopted by the Dark Lord? Why?"

          "Because I want to be and I know if I'm adopted by Severus, Dumbledore would try to intervene."

          "But the Dark Lord, Harry? Why not just a death eater?"

          "Why are you so scared?" Harry challenged and Draco shook his head swallowing a bit.

          "I'm not. Just surprised." He answered. He let go of Harry's hand and gently stroked his face. "It's worth a shot. But don't you think you'll be taken out of school? He'll want to keep you safe."

          "Then so be it." Harry shrugged and Draco looked crestfallen. 

          "What about us?"

          "What about us." Harry repeated. "We'll still be together, I'm not going anywhere without you." Harry leaned in and rubbed his nose against his. "Plus, I'm sure old moldy Voldy will get Hogwarts shut down for the rest of the year anyway. Okay?"

          "Are you sure you wanna do this?"

          "It's the only way to bring the old manipulative headmaster down for good." Harry told his boyfriend causing Draco to nod slowly.

          "I'll send Severus an owl explaining the situation. I am sure he can get us off of the grounds and cover for us long enough to get you adopted." Draco nodded but then paused. "What about your relatives?"

"What about them?"

"They're your guardians." Draco pointed out and Harry bobbed his head from side to side.
           "Well, you were appointed my legal guardian which automatically renounces their guardianship."

          "I think that was only when you're a child though."

          "On the contrary. I do remember Dumbledore saying that I was going to be put in the care of the Dursley's before Severus stepped in and appointed you. Dumbledore then indirectly renounced his "magical guardianship" over me when he said you would be my new guardian. He never specified until when." Harry explained and Draco blinked at him. "What?"

          "Damn Harry, I think you need to be resorted into Ravenclaw." Draco blurted causing Harry to giggle. He leaned in and kissed Draco's lips.

          "Come on write to Severus, I want a proper cuddle." He mumbled against Draco's lips. Draco grinned and pecked Harry one more time before getting out of bed.

          He quickly wrote to Severus explaining the situation and everything that Harry explained to him about guardianship. He sent it and then curled up to Harry. He laid his head on Harry's chest as the other boy ran his fingers through his hair.

          "Goodnight baby." Harry murmured with a yawn. Draco grinned sleepily and yawned.

          "Goodnight sweet boy."

          The next morning sought the two teenage boys rushing around. Severus had answered them later that night telling them that they could floo via his chambers but only before breakfast was to be served.

          They had woken up about ten minutes before that time so they did their best to dress and get ready for the day. They sprinted out of their chambers and all the way to the dungeons. They got there five minutes late and once they stepped in Severus glared at them.