23

It was Draco's 17th birthday and he was celebrating it with a small party. His mother, his boyfriend, Riddle, Blaise, Neville and Severus. It was also the first birthday without his father which he figured would be okay. It was already two months since the war and he was trying to grieve properly. With the help of Harry, he was able to do it.

Since the war, their lives had gotten better. Everyone saw the Order and their leader Dumbledore for who he really was. The living order members were tried and sentenced. Harry was given a medal of honor for everything he's endured while being under the control of Dumbledore. He refused to accept it and allowed his father to take it.

"Almost ready?" Harry asked standing at the door of his boyfriend's room. He sighed when he realized Draco was still only in his boxers as he was sitting in front of the mirror. "Draco." He whined.

"I'm just removing some unneeded hair." He answered. He hissed as he used his wand to trim his happy trail.

"Draco, you're perfect and smooth already. If you don't get a move on, we'll be late to your own party. And it's just downstairs." Harry teased and Draco sighed.

"Fine." Draco stood up and waved his wand muttering a spell. He was dressed and ready to go. "I'm ready." Harry grinned and stuck out his hand for him to take. Draco did and they started towards the party room. He gently started to swing their hands between one another.

"Are you excited for your party?"

"I guess. I'm happy to be spending it with everyone I'm close to." Draco shrugged.

"Well they're happy to be spending it with you too." Harry leaned over and kissed his temple. "I have a two gifts for you." Harry started with a smirk. "One is a proposition and the other is an actual gift."

"Well yes to the proposition, I have a feeling I know what it is. What is the actual gift?"

"I'll give it to you when we get downstairs." Harry smiled.

Draco was giddy with excitement by the time they got to the party room. There was a long table filled with food on one side and on the other were piles of gifts. Narcissa was on the gift side with something furry in her arms.

"Close your eyes." Harry whispered so Draco did. Harry walked over to Narcissa and gently took the little fur ball from her. He cradled it and brought it back to Draco. "Open them." Harry commanded and he did. He saw the little thing in his arms and gasped.

"You got me a bunny?" He shouted.

"Sure did. It's a palomino rabbit." He told him and handed the bunny over. "You get to name it."

"How about... Bugs?"

"Bugs Bunny?" Harry laughed. "I think we watch a little too much cartoons." Harry scratched the top of the bunny's head. "But it's cute." Draco leaned in and pecked his lips.

"Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. Now come on, let's celebrate your birthday." Harry suggested and Draco agreed. He walked over to the table where Neville and Blaise were already sitting so he sat next to Blaise as Harry took a seat next to him. Riddle took a seat at the 'adult side' where Severus and Narcissa were seated.

"Draco dear, would you like to sit at the head?" His mother asked and Draco glanced at the head of the table. The chair was empty for that's where Lucius usually sat. He shook his head slightly and smiled gently.