Chapter 34: Jason

It had been a month since Saturnalia.

I had given Rachel a break from work, so she could recover from what happened to her. I often let Piper go bring her food and talk to her.

The worse part about it was that even though I knew Octavian did it, I couldn't have him punished. Even if I had sufficient evidence, nothing would happen to him. Simply because no one cared about slaves.

Except for me, that was.

I mean, I used to not care. But Piper changed that. I don't know how, but she did.

I was eating dinner with my father. Without Thalia, the table felt empty.

"So," My father said. "You are aware that you will be married in two weeks?"

"Yes," I replied. I hadn't talked to Reyna since she told me she was a sword-fighter, and I would prefer if I never had too. Reyna and I were like cats and dogs. It was better if we stayed apart.

But we were getting married, which meant we'd have to spend time with each other, live in the same room, sleep with each other. And I did not want to do any of those things, especially the last one.

"It's going to be a beautiful occasion," My father said. "Every lord in Rome will be there!"

He kept talking, but I didn't listen. I didn't want to think about it. Ever.

Thankfully, my father left an hour later to go to a meeting. I finished my meal in silence and made my way back up to my room. Piper was waiting for me.

After undressing, bathing, and dressing me, she made her way too the door. But just as she went to turn the doorknob, someone knocked on it.

Piper opened the door. "Rachel?" She asked in astonishment. "What are you doing here?"

Rachel's next words broke my heart. Because they meant that Rachel could forget what happened too her, or put it behind her.

"Piper," She sobbed, "I'm pregnant."

There was a shocked pause. Than Rachel collapsed into Pipers arms and started bawling. I just awkwardly watched from my bed.

"Are you sure?" Piper asked in disbelief.

Rachel nodded. "I've been having morning sickness, and I have cravings. I went to see the doctor, and he told me that I was."

"Oh, Rachel," Piper said tearfully. "I'm so sorry. So, so sorry."

"I don't want to have his baby!" Rachel sobbed. "What if their like him? Evil?"

Piper hugged her tighter. "I'm sure they won't be, Rachel. Not with you as their mother."

"But he's their father!" She said. "And now I feel like he's violating me every second! I don't want to have this baby!"

I didn't know what to say. What do you say to the girl who was raped by your cousin, and pregnant with an unwanted baby who also happened to be your first cousin once removed?

I didn't know. So I just watched as Rachel cried in Piper's arms.

Due to the amazing amount of support I've gotten for this story, I'm thinking about doing daily updates. Partly because I want to make sure no one forgets the storyline between parts, but mainly because I want to make you all happy! If you think I should start having daily updates, please tell me in the comments. Thanks for reading!