Chapter 79: Frank

Nico and Bianca had never shown up.

We had searched for days before giving up. The di Angelo children had disappeared, and from the looks of it, weren't coming back. Lord Hades had been forced to return to his manor without them.

Which meant Hazel was his only child now.

We had arrived days ago, and Hazel and I hadn't talked much. I knew she was sad about her siblings, and I was too. I didn't know them very well, but I knew them. And now they were gone.

There was a knock on the door. It was one of my fellow equites, whom I didn't know the name of.

"Lord Hades wants you," He said. "Both of you."

We both wordlessly stood up and followed him to the Dining Hall, where Hades was waiting.

"Hazel, Frank," He gestured at the chairs in front of him. "Have a seat."

We did.

"As you know, Nico and Bianca have... disappeared," Lord Hades said. "Which means you're my last child, Hazel."

We didn't say anything, waiting for him to go on.

"So, I've decided to legitimize you, Hazel," He said. "You are now my daughter, and heir."

Hazel's eyes widened, and her jaw dropped open a little.

"And I'm aware that you two are in love," He continued. "You have my blessing to wed."

Now it was my turn to be shocked.

"Just-" Lord Hades' voice hitched, and I saw a tear in his eye. "Just don't leave me, like they did."

"I won't dad," Hazel was crying now, too. "I promise."

Lord Hades nodded. "Now go."

We obeyed walking out of his room and to Hazel's. The second I closed the door, she tackled me with a hug.

"I'm a di Angelo!" She said excitedly. "And we can get married! And our children will be di Angelos! Oh, Frank, I'm so happy!"

"I am too, Hazel," I said truthfully, smiling. "I am too."