Chapter 65: Leo

Despite being together for over a year now, Calypso and I had never shared a bed.

Her slumbering form laid next to me, her head resting on my chest. My arm was around her waist.

I had never slept next to a woman before, especially one I loved, and it was something I wished I could do for the rest of my life.

We had arrived at King Percy's camp. I was still in amazement. I couldn't believe that he had freed himself from slavery and created this. An army. They called it a camp, but it was more like a city.

All because of him. If anyone deserves the title of 'king', it was Percy.

Who was apparently going to be my cousin-in-law, which I learned when he announced to the camp that he and Annabeth were to be wed. I was happy for her. I could tell from the look on her face that she wanted with all her heart to be his wife.

And I would be a prince again.

It was a strange prospect. Annabeth had told me that Percy was going to name me a prince after their wedding, and it felt weird. After being a slave for so long, the thought of going back to royalty was... weird.

I heard a yawn, and realized Calypso was awake. She lifted her head off my chest and stretched.

"Morning," I greeted.

"Morning," She replied, giving me a swift kiss on the cheek.

We had been given our own tent, which I greatly appreciated. After a year of sleeping surrounded by snoring, smelly men, this was a humongous upgrade.

I changed into my daily attire, as did Calypso, and we exited our tent. She enjoyed sewing, and went to make and repair clothing and armor with a bunch of other women. Despite having been forced to work as a blacksmith for over a year, I like the job, so that was where I worked.

It seemed like a century ago when I was at Argos, my father forbidding me to go anywhere near a forge after my mother had burnt to death in one, scared that I would meet the same fate. But he was gone, and no one stood between me and my passion now.

The forge wasn't in a building like Lord Hades' had been, and didn't have as many materials nor equipment. But it was better in so many ways. I could go and get a drink anytime I wanted, and being outdoors didn't trap me in an overheated room. The sun beat down on us, but it wasn't nearly as bad.

When I returned to my tent at night, Calypso was waiting for me. We changed into our nighttime attire and laid down on the furs that was our bed.

I hoped Percy had a plan to deal with the Romans, to keep what we had here alive. Because there was nowhere I'd rather be.