Chapter 67: Percy

My mother used to talk about my future wedding.

She described a small affair, on the beach, with only my family and the family of my bride present. It would be inexpensive, but as luxurious as we could afford.

I don't think she ever imagined this.

We were by the water, but my entire army was here. Most people sat on the ground, on furs they brought from their tents. They spanned out for a long distance, crammed together, hoping to get a view of their king's wedding. There were no chairs, even for the little family members Annabeth and I had.

Off to the left side, where very few people sat, was the food bar. Many women slaved for hours on that food, making it perfect for our wedding. There was the traditional cake, which was almost taller than me, and rows of food.

Off to the right was the orchestra, a couple of men and women who were skilled with their instruments. They were already playing.

And finally, where I was, was the altar. It was white, and adorned with flowers. A priest stood behind me, waiting for the vows.

My heart was beating rapidly, and I could barely contain my nervoussness. Any second now, Annabeth would emerge from the small white tent at the beginning of the aisle that leads up to the altar. And soon after, she'd be my wife.

I gulped nervously. And then she walked out.

She was wearing a traditional Greek dress, and her brother Bobby was leading her down the aisle in replacement of her deceased father. The sunlight shone off her blonde hair and the small, singular diamond she wore around her neck. She looked stunning, and my breath caught in my throat.

She walked up the aisle, and stopped in front of me. I managed to gain control of my body and took her hands in mine.

The priest started the ceremony, but I was too transfixed on Annabeth to process anything he was saying. 

"Do you, Percy, take this woman to be your bride?" I snapped back to reality just in time to hear the Priest say those words.

"I do," I answered.

"And do you, Annabeth Chase, take this man to be your husband?" The Priest asked.

"I do," Annabeth smiled.

"Then I now pronounce you husband and wife," The Priest said. "You may now kiss the bride."

I didn't have to be told twice. I wrapped my arms around Annabeth's waist, and brought her lips to mine.

The audience went wild. I even saw Thalia, who had demanded to see the wedding, smile from her spot next to Luke, the chain binding her hands in his. And Hazel, the bastard girl, was clapping, or at least trying to with the ropes that bound her hands. She was sitting next to Leo.

When we finally broke apart, we rested our foreheads against each other's, listening to the roar of the crowd.

***

The sun had set hours ago, and yet the celebrations had just ended. A royal wedding was no small matter.

I had picked Annabeth up, and was now heading back to our tent. She had rested her forehead against my chest.

"You tired?" I asked her.

"A little," She replied. "But the nights not over yet."

I smiled a little at her comment.

"You feeling up to it?" I asked.

"Are you?" She replied.

My smile grew as I walked into our tent, and laid her on our bed.