4. A place where you feel safe

The Plaza.

8:20 pm.

Aiden has been waiting there since 6 pm. He was afraid of being late, since he usually is. He was walking back and forth, checking his phone at times. For a moment he stood still and noticed a few black cars drawing his way. He pulled his mask up.

Two tall black men came out of one car. One of them opened the back door and the man who has beaten up Eva the day before got out, firmly holding her tied up body.

''I should've known it was you, Albert Pacci.'' Aiden spoke in a rather serious tone.

''Pearce, dear Pearce. You're so predictable. Hand yourself over and we'll free her, as we promised.'' Albert pulled Eva by her hair.

''Don't you dare touch her, you filthy piece of shit.'' Aiden walked towards them.

''Give it up, Pearce, you have no other choice.''

''No Aiden! Please don't listen to them! It's a trap!'' Eva tried to get out of the man's grip as hard as she could.

''Fine. I give up. Free her first.'' Aiden pulled his mask down.

''Oh no, you gotta come over here first.''

''Aiden no!'' Eva yelled out.

''Would you shut the fuck up?!'' The man kicked her with such brute force that she fell to the ground, unconscious. ''Come on over Aid-'' He was cut off mid-sentence as he and his men were shot dead. A few other men came out of the cars, alongside with Jordi, who was hiding behind one this whole time.

''Jordi? How did you-''

''Oh we knocked down some guys, pow pow pow pow, we got the cars, Albert never knew. In conclusion, we saved your ass. And these are some of my friends, if you ever happen to wonder.''

''Thanks, Jordi. I won't ask how you figured out that I was coming here because it'll sound a bit too cliche.'' Aiden knelt down and started untying Eva's ropes.

''Oh yeah, yeah. Sure. Anytime.'' Jordi helped him out.

Aiden lifted Eva and carried her in his arms to his car. They drove to her flat where Jordi gave her some medical assistance. Aiden sat on the couch in the living room and held his head in between his hands. ''It all happened because of me, again...''

''No it's not because of you. Don't blame yourself.'' Jordi came out of Eva's room.

Aiden stood up. ''How is she?''

''Oh she's perfectly fine.''

Aiden wanted to go to her room but Jordi stooped him. ''Hold on right there. We've got a serious talk.'' They both sat on the couch.

''So until when are you going to keep acting like a kid and hide everything?'' Jordi looked at Aiden, unsatisfied.

''Hide what exactly?''

''Your feelings Aiden.''

''For who or what?''

''For her.'' Jordi took his gloves off.

''What? Who told you that I-''

''I can see right through you. You've not been acting like your usual self, Aiden. I know this is not my business, but you should tell her soon enough, or else it's going to affect you and your work. Plus, you're going to stay here with her, whether you want it or not. I hope you can think my words over because someone had to knock some sense into your head.'' Jordi stood up and Aiden followed.

''Jordi I think you're mistak-''

''Shut your mouth. You can see through a man when he starts liking a woman. We're both adults and you should understand that.'' Jordi left and closed the door behind himself.