6. Two Faces

Aiden woke up very early the next morning. He wasn't feeling so well, so he got up and walked through the corridor, barely holding himself up, he adhered onto the wall next to him so as not to fall. Before he arrived to the kitchen, he stumbled upon something rather heavy; it was Eva's bag. It fell on the side and some papers and files got scattered around it. Aiden thought that he saw a familiar symbol. He knelt down and picked one of the files. His eyes widened as he read ''Blume''.

Eva woke up half an hour afterwards, and as she walked into the kitchen, she saw Aiden sitting and working on his phone.

''Good morning.'' She said as she opened the fridge.

''Yeah, morning.''

''What do you want to have for breakfast?''

''Nothing.''

''What's wrong?'' She closed the fridge and sat beside him.

He slid the Blume file on the table.

''I see.''

''What is this, Eva?''

''Papers. I don't think you're too blind to see that.''

''What have you been doing lately?''

''Yeah, don't question me before I give you one thing.'' She stood up and went back to bring her backpack.

''Eva come back here.'' He yelled.

Eva came back with her backpack and pc. She took out a USB and handed it over to him. ''Here, you might want to take a look at what's on it.''

With a head full of confusion, he plugged the USB onto the computer and flashed through the information written. ''Those are...''

''Yeah. Documented files, about you and your family. They were on the ctOS server. I deleted the originals and kept a copy for myself.''

''Eva, what are you talking about? What is all of this? Why did you hide it from me?''

''Slow down. I can only process one question at a time. Consider it a gift. And in fact, I was supposed to tell you about it yesterday but I thought that would ruin the night.''

''Just... Why?''

''Because I'm just like you, Pearce. A grey hat hacker that seeks the truth.''

Aiden looked away for a second. ''How did you get those files?''

Eva laughed ''Oh I managed to get ctOS system control yesterday, and I thought I'd grab some files.''

''You did what?''

''Yeah, sad truth. I thought I'd be useful to you somehow, since I've overheard most of your conversations with Jordi over the phone.''

''How clever. Why did you

do that?''

''Because I love you, idiot.''

Aiden looked at her and touched her face. ''You risked your life for... me?''

''Mostly. But I would say because I was also curious about all of this.'' She smiled.

''I never wanted you to get into this.''

''Don't blame yourself. I got myself in this, and I'm fine as I am. At least I won't waste my time doing nothing here.''

''I...'' Aiden ran out of words as he looked at her.

''Hold on..." She covered Aiden's mouth with her hand. With one hand free, she got a gun out of her bag and pointed it at the kitchen's entrance.

"And so it was... I giant flying jelly, that flew and landed over my... face." Jordi entered the kitchen as he saw Eva pointed the handgun at him. He put his hands up in the air. "Woah princess, chill. It's just me."