LXXII. Sunrise Sunset

"Well, I'm glad we reached an agreement. Unfortunately, gentlemen, this is where I take my leave. I have paperwork to do," Mearing snorted with only a hint of the worry she'd displayed earlier. She turned to leave, but had to pause when she noticed Catherine. "You. I need a place to work and have a little talk with your 'Autobot' friend and his date. You got one of those?"

The redhead raised a brow, her tone edged, "Yeah. We have an office area."

"And I will be happy to show you the way, Director!" Lennox spoke up quickly, hoping to prevent anything from happening. "As Autobot liaison, Ms. Wolf here has a duty to get to know all new Autobots, and seeing as we have one right here, she has to get to that. So if you would just follow me, we'll pick up Sam and Carly, and be on our way."

Thankfully the National Director didn't make much of the intervention and left with him. Silently, Catherine thanked her father—she wasn't sure she would have been able to be in both Mearing and Sam's presence at the same time. She also wanted to ask her questions of Optimus, and there was the fact her father was right; she probably should get acquainted with Sentinel being that she was the Autobot liaison.

Sighing deeply, she approached the railing.

"Well, that was certainly not the way I would have introduced you to the human race, Sentinel Prime, sir," she spoke up loud enough to catch the towering mech's attention and also the Autobot Commander's. It worked, and both looked; one with curiosity and the other with an amused smile. Her small jest done with, she quickly straightened and gave a salute to the ancient Prime. "And as such, I personally welcome you to Earth and apologize for the Director's rudeness."

The Prime hummed, "It would seem there is at least one human here who shows proper decorum. And you must be... the liaison, if my databanks are correct."

"Catherine Wolf at your service, sir," she smiled back.

"She is one of our most trustworthy allies, Sentinel, and is an invaluable friend. I don't doubt you will see as such once you come to know her," Optimus added as he held his hand out for the redhead. She hopped on as she usually did, only to be surprised when she saw an equally perplexed look on the older mech's face. It didn't take long for her to realize it was because he'd never seen such an act before, and no doubt his earlier ideas of the human race influenced by Mearing's rudeness didn't help. She grinned awkwardly, hoping to relieve the situation even as she stepped onto the red-and-blue mech's shoulders. While the older mech's expression did regain composure, she wasn't sure the previous one was entirely gone.

"Indeed. It would seem there is much history with the human femme—much of which is not to be spoken of, apparently?"

Catherine rubbed the back of her head, "Yes, well, um... I didn't exactly... Er—I don't exactly want people knowing about some of that 'history'. Humans aren't, uh, quite ready for it just yet. Although, um, if you don't mind my asking... you knew—or well, know a lot about the Allspark, right?"

"I certainly know more than most would, although even my knowledge is limited."

"Perhaps that is a conversation best left for later—when we might have privacy," Optimus mused just as the redhead opened her mouth to speak, which made her promptly shut it.

"Right, good call there, Optimus. Besides, this isn't the time for that. Sentinel needs a tour of this place and help introducing him to Earth. I can't have you thinking all humans are like Mearing, after all," she replied, looking to Sentinel as she finished.

He rubbed his chin thoughtfully before nodding, "It would do good to learn more of this world since it is to be our new home."

"Well, how about we start with getting you acquainted with everyone? I know there are a few faces that will be new to you."