VIII. Little Wonders

-------------------------------------------------------------

“It—it can’t be!” Bumblebee cried out, his blue eyes widening as he stared at the revived form of his companion. Jazz just grinned at the yellow Autobot as if it were no big deal, and then looked back down at the red-headed girl in his hand as she struggled to sit up. He helped her, angling his arm so that she could sit properly on his palm and then curled a finger up for her to brace against. She was glad for the digit, collapsing onto it with a sigh. Her strength was returning, though, and she had enough to wipe away the line of sweat on her brow, and to look down when she heard a groan from below.

“Ratchet?” she called out, confused at the sight of the mech down on his knees and reaching out to the table. He almost missed it, but his hand found the stable surface and he used it to pull himself up. His eyes were dimmed and looked visibly tired, but, like the red-head, he was recovering quickly enough. She raised a brow as she asked, “What happened?”

“That’s what I would like to know!” he growled, shaking his head as if to rid himself of an ache. “One klik everything is fine and then you’re touching him and I try to help you only to find my Energon stores drained and everything else seems to be going to the Pit!”

“I… I don’t…” Catherine frowned, not sure what to make of it all or reply.

“What did you do?” the medic pressed, but his target was moved further away from him, pulled closer to the once lifeless, silver mech's torso.

“She only did what she was supposed ta do,” Jazz replied for her.

“’What 'she was supposed to do’? Humans can’t bring the dead back to life! Only the—,” his words caught in his throat and his eyes widened. Behind him, Bumblebee’s had gone even wider as he. too, realized what it could mean. The medic shook his head, mumbling something incoherent, and stared at the redheaded girl intently. Catherine shrunk a little, moving closer to Jazz with whom she felt a sense of security with.

She looked up at him, “What is he…?”

“You’re the Allspark, Catherine,” he told her simply.

“But—it… It can’t be…” Ratchet rumbled and he suddenly activated a green beam that ran along Catherine’s frame. Jazz did not move her this time, his gaze merely watching the medic. The scan lasted only a few seconds before he popped open a panel on his arm and began to move his fingers across it. His face changed many times between a frown, a scowl, puzzlement, and utter disbelief. When Catherine began to worry, she looked up to the silver mech, but he smiled down reassuringly at her. She took comfort in it and, her strength nearly completely back, she leaned up expectantly. Her head rose a bit more when the medic lowered his arm, shaking his head yet again.

“I don’t believe it, but… your body—your cells are teeming with Allspark energy! It should be impossible, but somehow the Allspark bonded to your cellular structure. I don’t understand how it could have found anything to bind to—No, it couldn’t be… But—no, it makes sense! The Energon in your body!” he spoke, the vigor in his voice growing with each passing moment, and when the last words left his motuh he turned on her with bright eyes. If she was worried, it was for naught as he only activated another scan.

He nodded once he read the results, “Yes, I was right! Again, I can’t believe it, but when the Energon in your body was neutralized, it was not destroyed as I believed it would be, but instead combined with the infected cells! It must have not have been potent enough for your immune system to recognize as a foreign source and they were allowed to replicate! It made the perfect medium for the Allspark’s energies to transfer to!”