Chapter 7-Hell Was Nothing Compared To A Pregnant...Anka..

"There is a thin line between love and hate...you managed to cross it..."

"Danny what the fuck is this smell and what is going on?", asked Anka as she calmly took a seat next to him on the sofa, flailing her hands in the air in the same time.

He didn't answer at first. He just took another sip from his beer and proceeded to throw in the fireplace what appeared to be an item of lingerie. An expensive item of lingerie.

"Is there something more that should happen? Other than the obvious?", stated Danny in an ironic tone.

"The obvious being the fact that you're throwing stuff in the fireplace and drinking beer. Or trying to burn your house down. And it's a nice house...when it looks normal...What is wrong?", asked Anka calmly trying to focus his attention on her.

"You were right...", said Danny, training his eyes to the floor.

"I'm right about several stuff, but which one is it this time?", asked Anka, furrowing her eyebrows.

She knew what Danny was talking about all too well, but still she wanted to let him tell her. That was always her thing. She never pushed more than was necessary.

"Anne...and her ex...you were right. She is fucking cheating on me...she has been doing so for the last few months...apparently even on our honeymoon to Paris. I always wondered why she wanted to go to Paris...", said Danny in an equal tone, throwing a blouse in the fire this time.

"I see...how did you find out?", asked Anka seriously.

"She told me. Brutal isn't it?", replied Danny.

Anka looked at him seriously and couldn't believe her ears. She knew Anne and she also knew she wasn't the type to admit things that easily. She was one of the people that dodged the subject over and over again, until she was brought proof. But this side of Anne

"How?", asked Anka in disbelief.

"I found his shirt in my bedroom. Well, the shirt of a different man than me anyway...And then she admitted to it. I can't really understand why she married me. I don't have much of a status...I have a small house. I tried to steer myself away from everything that meant the spotlight..."

"You don't have the status, not at Tom Hanks's magnitude but you have all the right contacts. The right ones that could give her the boost in her career.", said Anka after a few moments of reflection.

Danny kept on throwing things in the fire and then he noticed his wedding ring. He stared at it for a couple of moments and then slid it off his finger.

"You know...when I met you the first time...I was so reluctant about you...I was thinking you were friends with Andrea just because you wanted to get to me. Then I realized that it wasn't anything like that with you...You were one of the few that said how things were...", started Danny.

"I was and I still am, because I cared more about you as a person than as an artist...that's why...I care about you Danny...About all of you. And I care so much that I don't want to see you guys break up over this shit...", said Anka pointing out to the pile of clothes in the living room.

"You know...when Andrea told me that you and me would make a great couple I was like...no...she wouldn't even look at me twice. I always told her I couldn't see you more than a friend...but you quickly grew on me...and now look at you, chasing your dream, starting a family. How did you and Jared do it? What's the secret?"

"You know all too well that both of us were crap at showing our feelings for one another. You know all too well we were so broken. So damaged. Maybe...maybe the fact that both of us were so reluctant regarding love, regarding true feelings, maybe that's what kept us together."