Chapter 18-The Moment They Said I DO

"I'm blessed as a man to have seen you in white...cause I've never seen anything quite like you tonight..."

Jared quickly followed Shannon and Constance down the stairs to the back garden. He could hear Anka's laughter coming from the salon and for a split second he wanted to go inside the room and kiss her. He didn't believe in superstitions, especially in the one where you didn't have to see the bride until the altar, but given his last streak of luck he was slightly reluctant.

He walked outside in the back garden and said 'hello' to a few of the guests. Everyone came to congratulate him and at one point he didn't even know where all the attention was coming from. His only focus was the main moment everyone was waiting for.

"Congratulations Jay!", said Margot as she gave her friend and fellow actor a hug.

"Thanks.", managed to say Jared, gutted by nerves.

"Jared I'm so happy for you!", he heard Leo saying.

He kept on receiving congratulations until he was signalled that the ceremony was about to start, so he headed to his place. Shannon and Tomo followed him to their own places as well.

Everyone else slowly moved to their chairs and Danny gave him a wink when their eyes met. Their relationship has progressed a lot ever since Danny visited a couple of months ago.

Jared's attention shifted towards the end of the aisle. He saw Andrea and Irma walking towards him and he smiled at both of them. As the two women took their seats he felt the emotions take over him. He could feel his brother squeezing his shoulder gently, but he didn't pay attention to that anymore.

He gave his mother and Helen a glance and they both smiled happily at him. A soft song was playing in the background and Jared smiled when he recognised it to be a rock ballad Anka loved.

Soon enough Andrea's daughters made their way towards him, throwing flower petals on the aisle. His heart started to pound out of his chest. Soon enough he would finally see his bride.

"Ready honey?", asked John as he saw the little girls walking down the aisle.

"Ready dad.", replied Anka, smiling.

"You're so beautiful and I'm so proud of you honey...shall we?", asked John once more as he pulled Anka's veil on her face.

She winked and gave him her hand. With her other hand she took the bouquet from Mirka. She saw Jared at the other end of the aisle waiting for her and her heart started racing.

The second Jared saw Anka he knew he wasn't prepared for how beautiful she was that day. He felt his eyes water with tears and he was smiling from ear to ear.

The pair approached the aisle and John gave Anka to Jared. He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and shook Jared's hand vigorously to Anka's giggle.

Jared took Anka's hand in his, while Andrea took her bouquet. He slowly lifted the veil off her face and to his relief he could see that he wasn't the only one in tears.

"You're so beautiful today...", whispered Jared.

"You're not so bad yourself...", replied Anka.

As soon as the music stopped and everyone settled down the priest began.

"We have gathered here on this beautiful day, to unite Jared and Anka in holy matrimony. Before Anka and Jared recite their own vows, I would like to say a couple of words. Love is kind, love is gentle, love is patient. Love is always understanding and supportive. Jared and Anka have shown everyone here that with patience and understanding they have managed to overcome all obstacles and stood next to one another. I'm sure this isn't necessary, but if there's anyone who is against this union, speak now or forever remain silent...Since no one has anything against this union we shall proceed to the vows. As I mentioned earlier Anka and Jared have prepared their own vows...Jared..."