Chapter 11-The Struggle

"Be brave, fight for what you believe in and make your dreams a reality..."

As Anka and Constance were discussing various wedding ideas Jared and Shannon were looking at the various pieces of wood that were supposed to be assembled into a love-seat.

"How are these shit supposed to go?", muttered Jared in frustration.

"Beats me, I'm here to patch up the garden. Think of it as a huge Lego toy...", laughed Shannon.

"Can I put your head on top of the Leto toy? Or use it as a hammer?", retorted Jared.

"Chill man, why are you so edgy?", said Shannon in surprise.

"Because I want this to be perfect. That's why."

"You know you could've asked the man from the store to send someone and assemble it. Would've saved you a whole amount of time and effort.", stated Shannon.

"I don't want anyone else be near my family Shan. The fewer people around the better. Close family, friends, that's it. Plus, I'm an adult. I can do stuff on my own."

"Did you guys think of names for the kids?"

"No, not really...we will think about it when the time is right...I mean I'm not even sure if I'm even cut out to be a father...am I cut out to be a father?", asked Jared.

"I think you'll be a great father. You will have your kids a lot of things to teach."

"Given my track record at relationships, I don't even know how me and Anka got this far. And now, I'm gonna be a dad. The prospect makes me so happy and scares me so much...I wish sometimes we grew up having a father. It would've made things a lot easier now..."

"Mum did a great job though...look at us..."

"I know, but, will I ever get enough time to spend with my kids? At least we somehow had a childhood. My kids won't have the luxury of having a normal childhood. Both their parents are famous..."

Shannon looked at his younger brother and sensed his concern. Yes, Jared was right, they never grew up having a fatherly figure in their lives. But when he saw how far they've gotten all on their own, he couldn't help but feel proud.

"I think you and Anka got so far because you were right for one another. You've worked through so many things, and you grew. Both of you grew. You've taught each other a lot of things. Well, actually she taught you more things than you taught her, but that's not the point. What I'm trying to say is...that you aren't alone in this. She is there for you and will always be. So, don't sweat. Come on. You're overthinking things.", said Shannon, giving Jared a pat on the back.

"You're right...it's gonna be okay.",replied Jared with a smile.

In the other side of the garden Constance and Anka were making lists.

"Jared said he wants something private and I couldn't agree more. I will be very far along with the pregnancy, so a long night isn't the best idea. Just a small ceremony and a party and it's a wrap."

"I agree. And I was thinking of peonies as flower arrangements. And I saw a dress or two that you would love to see..."

"Peonies sounds lovely, but let's not hurry on the dress choice yet. I will be quite big, so I was thinking something simple, closer to the date.", explained Anka.

"You are right. Your father will walk you down the aisle right?"

"Yes, he will...so far he is still processing the news that he will be a grandad. He and mum will fly over soon and I hope me and Jared will convince them to move here."