Chapter 12-Planning

"Live and let love. Forgive but never forget..."

Jared tossed in the bed a couple of times only to realize Anka wasn't in it. If she was, she would've made it pretty clear he had to deal with sleeping on a tiny bit of the king sized bed, while she took the rest of it.

He opened his eyes and blinked a couple of times, adjusting his eyes to the light. Her pajamas were neatly folded on a chair and he even smelled her perfume in the air. It was hard to miss her signature perfume. She wore that perfume years on end and religiously made supplies of it.

"Baby girl?", called Jared.

He stood in silence for a couple of moments but got no reply.

"Where are you baby girl?", muffled Jared to himself, as he picked his phone up from the nightstand.

He dialed Anka's number and patiently waited for her to answer.

"Hey there..."

"Baby girl where have you gone?"

"I went to meet up with Shannon. He said he wanted to talk to me about something...", said Anka.

"About what? He didn't say anything to me about that."

"Maybe because it wasn't that important to begin with. Meet you later in town? Gotta pay attention to the road love!", she said dismissively.

"See you in town...", said Jared staring at the phone.

He started to wonder what was so urgent that Shannon didn't want to bother him with and what was so urgent that she had to fix it, but he didn't have time to figure the answer to that question because his phone started ringing in his hand.

"Hey Emma...", answered Jared coldly.

"Before you say something, I've got a peace offering...I'm at the main gate with coffee...and some donuts..."

Jared smiled and told Emma to come inside. He put on a pair of pants and a t-shirt on and quickly went down the stairs. Emma was already at the island counter in the kitchen putting the donuts from their box on a plate.

"Morning Jared...", she said sheepishly, while handing him over a cup of coffee.

"Morning Emma. To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you this fine morning?", said Jared in a half joking, half sarcastic tone.

"I wanted to apologize for everything I said yesterday. It was uncalled for and unprofessional.", started Emma.

"Go on...this should be interesting...", mumbled Jared as he took a sip from his coffee.

"I was absolutely rude Jared. You and me both know it and...I want to personally say sorry to you and Anka...I'm sorry..."

"Well you missed Anka by an inch. She went to meet up with Shannon. But you can wait for her if you want.", said Jared.

Emma gave him a cold stare that made him smile sarcastically.

"You never do make things easy don't you? I was hoping that I don't have to see her. But you never give me a chance to get away do you?"