Chapter 19-The One That Calls You

"Finding You was like coming home..."

As the audience simmered down it was Anka's turn to take the microphone.

"First of all thank you all for coming here today. I appreciate each and everyone of you who took time out your busy schedules to come and share this special moment with us. Since you guys took time to do this, I have a surprise for you as well. Me and Jared, well we couldn't have been more similar, still so different. Yes, we got to be really artistic characters. And since Jared was so supportive with everything going on so far, including wedding arrangements, I guess there is only one way to repay him. I spent a lot of nights, feeling slightly afraid that I wouldn't know what to say at our wedding reception, so a couple of weeks ago I came up with the perfect speech. It's a bit rough on the edges if I come to think about it, but...here it goes...", said Anka, taking a seat in front of the keyboard.

The lights in the tent dimmed a little, as she ran her fingers down the Ivory keys. A video started to play behind her, as she played the intro.

"Here we go again, here we go again fire and emotion...", started Anka

A photo of Jared and Anka appeared on screen. It was taken shortly after her concert in Los Angeles. He was holding his arm protectively around her and gazing into her eyes lovingly.

"All up in your face, bout to walk away both our hearts are broken..."

Another photo of Anka and Jared taken by Terry in his New York studio appeared on screen. It was taken soon after they got back together.

"But the moment you're gone all my colours fade...the bullets and bombs start to ricochet...I'm defenceless you leave me blown away..."

Anka paused as a video of her and Jared played.

"Why do you love me?", teased Jared.

"Because you're a lousy cook...but you managed to save the garden so we can have a decent wedding and because basically you're the most lovable goofy idiot I could've fallen in love with...now put the phone down and help me with the groceries."

"You wanna know why I love you?"

"Why?"

"Because you always make me feel good about everything...especially when you criticise my cooking..."

The video stopped and the audience giggled for a short moment until Anka resumed singing.

"I was born to love you, and nobody else will do...I would rather die than live without you...and everybody know it too...And everybody know it too.."

Another photo of them appeared on the projector. It was taken after Anka's climb. Jared was holding a mistletoe above their heads and they were kissing. Her bandaged hand was resting on the back of his neck and he was wearing a goofy elf hat.

"Don't know why we go to war, but the one thing that's for sure...I was born to love you..."

A photo of baby Jared and Shannon appeared on the screen, holding a massive cake in their little hands.

"I don't wanna fight, not another time, I just wanna feel you..."

A video from The Script's  tour archive appeared on screen. It was a conversation between Danny and her. Someone recorded their conversation for her personal archive and she decided to release it now. It was right after they met in Vegas. Anka's eyes were glittering with tears and she was smoking a cigarette backstage.

"I just can't let go of him Dan...I love him so much it hurts...I know he isn't the best of the best, but he cares so much about me that whenever he's not around I just feel my entire world comes tumbling down...Things we're always fucked up between us, but he always put me first..,and now I broke him..."