Chapter 13-Times Are Changing

"Our perfect match burned out quickly..."

As Danny came into the living room he was greeted by the familiar smell of take-away and by a Jared who was opening a bottle of whiskey. A very old and expensive whiskey as Jared stated.

"I didn't take you for a drinker Jared. Thank you.", said Danny as he took the glass filled with amber colored liquid.

"I'm not, but I might as well indulge myself once every twenty years...", smiled Jared as he raised the glass.

"I know you were expecting a home cooked dinner Danny boy, but I'm super tired. Running around carrying two babies inside you is time consuming. I will make it up to you tomorrow.", said Anka, handing Danny a plate.

"It's fine...I'm used to take-away lately that I don't even know what home cooked food actually tastes like anymore."

"So what have you been up to lately? Musically speaking.", asked Jared.

"Musically speaking we aren't breaking up. I'm guessing Anka told you about that. We are working on the new album.",replied Danny taking a mouthful of food.

"She did...it would've sucked you know...breaking up. I mean, from the point of view of being in a band...It's been my brother's dream to start a band...and...God this whiskey burns...", exclaimed Jared, taking a sip from a water bottle.

The dinner finished with casual conversation and Anka slowly realized that Jared and Danny were bonding. She decided her job was done and slowly went towards the bedroom. Halfway through the whiskey bottle Jared and Danny realized they were alone in the living room.

"I think Anka went to bed. The pregnancy really got to her...", explained Jared.

"It's understandable. Shall we take the party outside or shall we call it a night?", asked Danny.

"The party ain't over yet...come on...", said Jared, taking the whiskey bottle in one hand and showing Danny to the back garden.

The two sat on opposite sides and Jared took the liberty of filling up the glasses once more.

"You were saying over dinner that it would've been a pity for The Script to break up..."

"It would've been. I was starting to like your music. Especially 'Before The Worst'."

"That's Anka's favorite song...one of her favorites."

"How did the two of you meet? Neither one of you ever told me that..."

"It was a long time ago, around the time I started dating Anne. We were talking on Twitter back and forth, well she was giving me acid comebacks and she knew my sister Andrea and my ex girlfriend Irma. At first when Andrea invited her out with us I was pretty reluctant. I knew she was a fan of the band, so naturally, you have the instinct not to mix your career and private life too much...I'm glad I did that night. I seriously am."

"She's a good one..."

"She is. I don't think I've ever met someone so down to earth as she was. She simply didn't care about the whole band thing. And we instantly bonded. We had so many things in common and it was always fun to be around her...so naturally our friendship grew stronger."

"Did you ever love her? More than a friend?", asked Jared, taking a cigarette from Danny's pack and lighting it up.

"Once that thought occurred to me, but I quickly realized she was more like a friend than a potential girlfriend. Because I knew she always had eyes for someone else."