Chapter 8- Bad Things

While we were headed towards Chase's office, he kept looking at me. From the corner of my eyes I could see him glancing.

          "Okay, is there something on my face now?" I groaned.

          "What?" He asked.

          "You keep looking at me. Is there something on my face?" I asked as I ran my hand on my face.

          He chuckled. He reached out for my hand and held my hand. "It's just I always see you in a new way and it all suits you."

          I took my hand away from his. He looked at me knowingly. Now everything was different. He isn't the boy I met at a restaurant, he is the next CEO of The Chivalry Industries and my boss.

          Chase and I just reached his office when suddenly he got a phone call. He picked it up. "Hello? Yeah. Yeah, I told you... what? What do you mean... uh-huh... okay... yeah... that's cool! Alright come quick."

He opened the door for me and I went inside and he followed. He sat in his big chair, in front of his laptop and I stood there looking around in the room.

          The room was Orange and Black just like the room I was sleeping in. The walls were almost all orange and the furniture was well furnished and black. To the right there were couple of paintings and to the left there were couple more. Behind him were pictures of him. It seemed to me like photoshoot pictures.

          "Take a seat," he said as he stood up and grabbed a chair for me.

          "There is no need for me to-" I started but suddenly he took my hand and led me towards the empty chair next to him.

"You think too much Olive."

          He started doing something on his laptop while I took the files and started arranging them. Both of us started working on the tender and after a while we were finished. I stood up and started to leave.

          "Why are you leaving?" He asked me.

          I looked back at him and saw him standing up. "I need to get my laptop."

"You can use mine," he offered.

"I don't think it will be necessary. I'll just run down and get my laptop," I said as I quickly exited his office.

I went to the elevator and pressed the button as I waited. I started playing with my fingers as I waited for the elevator to open. Suddenly the door opened. I went in and pressed the ground floor's button.

I looked around and didn't see anyone in the elevator. When the elevator door was closing suddenly someone's foot stopped it from closing.

I looked up and saw Chase standing in front of me, waiting to get on the elevator. I moved a little to the side and he came in. He also pressed the ground floor's button and waited behind me.

Suddenly 'Bad Things' came on the radio. I looked at his hand and there was a remote controller. Technology these days. Since when does elevators have music systems?

"What are you doing here chase?" I asked because I couldn't let it in me anymore.

"Just getting coffee," he said innocently.

"There is coffee on your floor too," I stated.

"It's not working today for some reason," he said.