Chapter 16- Fake News

I woke up to hearing the mixture. I groaned. Since couple of days, Rhea and Sameer had been staying at my place and they always woke up really early to make something which ruined my sleep.

I sat up slowly and in front of me was a picture of my family. I smiled and stretched out my arms and yawned.

Quickly went to the restroom and brushed before any of them come and give me a huge lecture about how the first thing you should do when you wake up is brush and not check mails.

I went downstairs and saw Rhea and Sameer feeding each other something that they made.

Whenever I look at them, I always think of Chase. Almost a week since I have been ignoring him. Not that I can, he is my boss but I go to him to show the presentations and most of the times Mr. Chivalry is there. When he isn't there Chase tries to talk to me but I call Rhea and then leave.

Rhea believes that I shouldn't be mad at him because we weren't together. Well that's true. I'm not mad at him, I'm just mad at the fact that I'm the one who always gets into boy troubles.

Today was the last day for any preparations because tomorrow was when it was going down. We had a meeting dealing with the Paris clients, they agreed to meet again and this time I was the one going to Paris with Chase. Paris clients wanted Mr. Chivalry, his two sons and their PA's. Chase and I had to be working on the papers today so there is no escape unless I take a sick day.

"Earth to olive!" I heard Rhea shouting as she was waving at me.

"What happened?" I asked in confusion.

"I called you to eat but you aren't even listening. Is everything okay," she rushed to me.

"I'm really hungry. I'll beat you to it," I said running towards the kitchen.

I took some milk and the scrambled eggs that Rhea made along with an orange. While I was eating, Rhea went to shower which left me and Sameer alone.

"So are you planning on getting a job here?" I asked, curiously.

"Why, you don't like having me here?" He asked sounding a bit offended.

"Oh no no that's not the thing. It's just a curious question," I stated.

"I was kidding but yeah I am starting my work at the hospital as a Physician, today," he answered.

"That's cool! What time?" I asked and he rolled up his sleeve to look at the watch.

He panicked. "Right about now," he said as he quickly stuffed the omelet in his mouth and took the last sip of milk.

"Tell Rhea that I had to leave and bye," he said with stuffed mouth. All I heard was, "Ted heya dat he had do deave and die."

"Well if that was to tell Rhea about you leaving then sure but if me to die then I'm not dying," I shouted loud enough so he heard me but before he could reply, he left.

"What was that?" Rhea said as she came out the shower towards me, fixing her hair.

"That was your lover telling me to die," I joked as her face turned serious.

"What?" She asked in disbelief.

"I'm kidding. He had work so he left and also said bye to you," I replied as she sighed.

"Oh," she sighed in relief.

"Well I gotta take a shower," I said as I finished eating and went upstairs.

~~~

Just as we reached the office, the watchman greeted us. We greeted him back and walked in. Everybody looked troubled and the room was filled with serious talk instead of laughter like everyday.

Just as Rhea and I walked in everybody turned to look at us. "Do you know what happened?" Rhea whispered to me slowly.

"I'm as clueless as you are," I whispered back.

"Ms. Montgomery why are you doing this?" One of the employees stated, sadly.

"You can't do that," another one spoke.

"What did you do?" Rhea whispered.

"I have no idea," I whispered back.

"Wait what is happening?" Rhea asked the employees and they all started talking at once. "Wait wait, please talk one at a time."

"Ms. Montgomery is leaving us," one of them talked and I looked at him confusingly.

"What do you mean?" Rhea asked.

"She is quitting," the other girl spoke.

Rhea gasped and quickly ran towards them and stood next to them, facing me. "What? You're leaving and you didn't even tell me?" Rhea questioned me in a dramatic way.

"Wait what?" I asked in confusion.

"We all need you here Ms. Montgomery, please don't leave us," everybody spoke at once but the only sentence I heard clearly.

"I am not leaving this office and I never will. Whoever told you that doesn't seem to have the right information," I spoke as all of them smiled suddenly.

Everybody hugged each other and the sadness disappeared in thin air as happiness took over. Rhea suddenly ran to me and made me stand on the chair.

"Alright ladies and gentlemens, I'd like to say that Ms. Montgomery isn't leaving this office and whoever faked this rumor doesn't know what they are talking about so let's get back to our work, shall we?" Rhea spoke excitedly as she went to Jeremy's and started working with him.

I started heading towards my room but someone grabbed me to the side. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Chase pressing with his hand on my mouth. I was pressed onto the wall and my back ached a bit.

I looked at him and suddenly all the anger came back, all of it that I was feeling when he told me about it. Without talking or anything I tried getting out of his grip but his grip was very strong that I couldn't force myself out.

He gripped on my arm and let go of my mouth. I groaned, still trying to get my arms out of his grip. "Let go," I whispered loudly as I tried to swing my arm but nothing worked. His dark and intense eyes were tearing my heart.

When he didn't let go I gave up and stood there still, looking on the other side of him. I avoided eye contact as much as I could. It had been more than couple of minutes but neither did he talk nor let go of me.

His eyes were searching for mine but I didn't gave in that easily. I was a mannequin, holding still and just stood there, waiting for him to let me go.

"Olive please talk to me," he finally talked.

I didn't respond to him in any way. "Please," he begged. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to happen."

"Why are you sorry? It's not your fault. It's your life and live it however you want but just don't involve me in it," I faked a smile and talked to him.

"But Olive I am actually sorry, please-" he started but I interrupted him.

"Look, it's your life and your own choices. I'm no one to tell you what to do and if you are asking for my forgiveness then I forgive you. There you have it," I spoke and slowly he let go of my arm.

"Why are you quitting then?" He asked slowly.

"I am not. Someone lied about it," I stated as the anger in his eyes faded away.

"Really?" He asked a I nodded slowly.

He pulled me into a tight hug and smiled. "Thank god," I heard him mutter under his breath.

I just stood there still until he let go of me. "Can we go and make the presentation? I have to leave," I said, faintly and walked away.

"I'll make this right between us Olive," Chase whispered but I couldn't understand what he said.

~~~

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! Thank you so much for the support!