Chapter 30- I'd Do Anything For You

"Wait, why are they coming with us?" Rhea jumped in her seat and my mouth hung open.

"It's the deal. We have to work together to get the next tender and they have a lot of power by their side. It'll be fine, you guys," Mr. Chivalry replied and smiled at us.

All of us sat there looking at him. Of course he didn't know about this but others did. Last night Rhea and I told Jeremy about everything because he knew something was wrong.

Now that all of us know, I don't have to worry about it alone. I have them by my side. It was harder telling them about it more than how they would react.

Not seeing happiness on our faces, Mr. Chivalry also frowned. "What happened? Why are the four of you giving me weird looks?"

I quickly turned the frown into a smile. "Oh it's nothing really. We all are quiet tired, that's all," I reply and Mr. Chivalry sighed.

"Yeah dad, do you mind if we take the next flight back? We have a meeting with Zachery Helintower. Why don't you tag along with the Wellingtons next week?" Chase asked and I shot him a thankful smile.

"Sure, I don't mind," Mr. Chivalry replied.

I stood up from my spot and so did Rhea. "I'll stay with you Mr. Chivalry," I heard Amanda who was sitting down in a corner. I completely forgot that she was even here.

"No problem," Mr. Chivalry replied.

"We should get going now or else we won't make it," Jeremy said and we bid goodbyes before leaving for the airport.

___

"I'm sorry Chase," I whispered in his ear, while sitting next to him on the plane. I buried my head in his neck and he held onto me.

"For what?"

I adjusted myself and faced him. "Because of me, you had to lie to Mr. Chivalry."

"Oh Olive, its fine."

"But-"

"-no buts. Just know, I'd do anything for you."

That sentence somehow made my stomach flutter. He surely knows how to make me smile even in this moment. 

"Anyways dad knew something was up but if you're not ready then we won't tell him."

"Thank you."

"Anytime for you."

I placed my head on his shoulder and then everything went dark.

___

"Wait, so you broke up with him," Jeremy confirmed and I nodded. "But why?"

"Jeremy," I heard Rhea whisper and telling him to shut up.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked," he replied back.

"No, it's fine. It's just, promise me that if I tell you about it, then you won't tell it to a soul. Especially Chase."

He looks up at me knowing that this was serious. He nodded and smiled at me.

"He uh- he used to abuse me. I don't know why he did that because he was so sweet but just the day before marriage, it happened."

Jeremy walked over to me and sat next to me. "I'm sorry."

"I have moved on, it's... it doesn't matter," I said, my voice breaking.

"Anyways, has Zachery called you yet?" Rhea asked, changing the topic.

"Uh yeah. He said he'll be here in 10," I replied and Chase walked in the conference room.

"Sorry I was stuck with the employees. They needed help with the new software," he replied and took a seat next to me.