Chapter 25- Blast From The Past

"Please?" Chase asked, pouting and his eyes fixed on mine.

I broke the eye contact and refused. "No!"

"Why not? It'll be fun. Please....?" He asked again, holding my hand in his.

"No means no, Chase," I replied and his lips formed into a frown.

"Let me just take you?" He asked and I denied.

"No," I replied again.

"Why not?" He asked and I didn't reply.

I can't tell him.

That part of my past is buried deep down and he is digging for answers.

"Just cause," I replied and he brought my chair closer to his.

"C'mon just for like one day?" He asked and I denied. "I never ask anything from you but all I'm asking for is one day with you."

"Yeah, I don't mind spending time with you. It's just not in that hotel," I replied and he looked away, smiling.

"Chase?" I asked but he didn't look at me. "Are you blushing?"

He denied and looked at me. "Pfft... no. You wish I did."

"No, actually I don't because you're already red enough."

He smiled. "Huh, whatever you say Olive." He stood up, while texting someone.

I didn't know if we were like actually dating. He never asked me out. We just kissed. So, what does that make us? Relationships? How much I used to hate that word but now I'm about to have one. Or maybe I am in one.

"Please Olive, can we go there?"

"You surely can, it's me who can't."

He walked towards me and took my hand in his and bent down on his knee. "I trust you."

"Real smooth Chase," I chuckled and he joined.

"Well? I can control myself if you can't."

"It's not about that Chase. It's just the hotel that I don't want to go in."

I was hesitant about staying there. Not only hesitant but also scared. Just if he knew what happened in that hotel then he won't even be with me.

I should tell him the truth.

"Last time I was in that hotel, I nearly killed someone," I said seriously but chase bursted out laughing as if I cracked a joke.

"Very funny Olive," he laughed, breathlessly. "Wait, are you serious?" He asked and stopped laughing.

"Does it look like I ever crack a joke?" I asked seriously and he pulled my chair to him.

"Oh," he breathed out and looked at me. "I won't let that happen again. Promise."

"Chase it's not you, it's the hotel. Please can you choose another hotel to stay in?"

"It's already booked for all of us. It's a really pretty hotel."

"Then you guys can go, I'll stay back and do the work."

"No!" He exclaimed. "I'm not leaving without you."

"But chase-"

"It's fine. We won't go there," he frowned and turned on his laptop.

"Chase," I looked at him but he didn't seem to budge. "Please understand."

"I do," he stated, typing something on his laptop.

"You're such a baby, Chase," I exclaimed and started fidgeting with my fingers. "Fine."