Chapter 28- We Are Together

On the way to the office, all I could think about is Chase. I don't want him to feel hurt. I didn't tell him for a reason and I hope he understands.

I paid the taxi driver and almost ran to the office. Nobody seemed to be there except couple of people who were working there.

God knows where his office is.

"Excuse me? Where is Mr. Richard Wellington's office?" I asked the lady at the front desk.

She smiled. "I'm sorry but he's in the middle of a meeting with Mr. Chivalry. He is not to be disturbed."

"I understand but this is urgent. I have to meet Mr. Chivalry."

"I'm sorry but I can't let you go there."

"I'm his personal assistant and I'm suppose to be with him at all times." I tried to think of a way to persuade her for letting me go.

"He called for me," I lied and she sighed.

"Follow me this way," she said as I walked behind her.

We walked into the elevator and reached the 5th floor where his office was, supposedly. She walked me to the end of the hallway and we turned right from there.

These offices looked quiet smaller than before. I remember I used to come here and meet Mr. Wellington in his office when Richard and I were together.

"Here ma'am. Walk down the aisle and take the first right," she pointed towards a dark room which was apparently a hall.

"Thank you," I replied back before walking into the dark room.

She said the first right so I walked down the hall and suddenly the lights turned on. I saw a door which was the first door on the right and slowly opened it.

"Thank you," I heard Chase say before footsteps approaching me.

I quickly hid behind the door as I saw a male figure walk into the darkness and approaching me with fast pace. I decided not to hide behind the door and walked out.

Chase looked at me, terrified of seeing me in the dark. He closed his eyes with his hands and was breathing heavily.

"Don't kill me, I haven't even lived life. I want to get married and have kids," he murmured, not looking at me.

I laughed because of how childish he is sometimes. Who does he think I am? Annabelle?

"Chase," I said trying to stop laughing but I couldn't.

"How do you know my name?" He asks, peeking from his enclosed palms. "Actually forget I asked that, ghosts know everything either way. Before you kill me, can I make a last phone call?"

"Chase, it's me," I laugh and he looks at me.

"Me, who? Annabelle?" He asks and I laugh.

"No. It's Olive," I reply and he takes a minute before processing what I said. Then, he pulls me into a warm embrace and I take a step back because of how he threw himself at me.

"Thank god," he replied and I hugged him back.

"Wait, what are you doing here?" He asked as we walked out the dark hallway and into the lighted hall.

"I wanted to talk to you," I replied and he smiled at me.

Why is he smiling now?

"Olive," he starts and I look at him as he continues on. "You came all the way from the party to here, just to talk?"

"Yeah," I nod and he smiles even more than before.

"To me?" He asked and I nodded.

"Can we talk?" I asked and his smile suddenly turned into a frown.