Chapter 12- The Deal

"Thanks a lot for coming Olive, it means a lot," Dad said as I put him to bed. I put the blanket on his and he tucked himself in.

          "I'm not here for you, don't think I have forgiven you," I said as I started heading out.

"Please give me a chance," he asked.

"I did and look how that turned out. If I give you another chance, maybe Keechee will end up dead," I said and quickly regretted about what came out of my mouth. I shouldn't have said that.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have-" I started but dad interrupted.

"No you're right," he said in a saddened tone.

I felt bad for saying that to dad. I have to make him feel better, I can't let him feel more worse that he already does. "I'll come to the wedding," I spoke slowly.

"What?" His eyes shot wide open.

"I said I will come to your wedding with Sydney," I spoke again.

"Really? You're not joking about this right?" he asked.

"I won't joke around about this wedding dad," I said.

"I am not just dreaming or hallucinating right?" He asked to make sure.

"Dad I am serious about coming to the wedding," I finally said.

Mom always said that you should find happiness in other's. If dad is happy then mom would've been more happier than him. She loved him so she let him go. I loved him but I couldn't let him go. Letting go hurts.

          "When is it?" I asked him.

          Dad looked to the calendar which was hanging on the wall in the corner of his room. He sighed. "It was suppose to be tomorrow but not anymore," dad said.

"Why not tomorrow?" I asked him.

"I... I canceled it," dad stated.

"What? Why would you do that?" I exclaimed.

Dad adjusted himself on the bed and sat up, looking at his watch which was gifted to him by me and mom. "Because if you didn't come to my wedding then I didn't want to have one."

"Dad that's not fair, what did Sydney say?" I asked.

"She was the one who told me about this and we agreed not to marry until you forgive me and come to the wedding," dad stated.

I felt bad. Really bad. How can I think wrong of Dad and Sydney when they care so much about me? I rushed to Dad and hugged him.

"I'm really sorry Dad, I never knew you'd do that along with Sydney. Well your wedding is definitely happening tomorrow," I said, getting up from the bed and started to head out. "You take rest," I said looking back at him.

          As I came out, Sydney came rushing towards me. "He's okay just needs a little rest," I said and she hugged me tightly.

          "Thank you," she whispered.

          "There's no need, he's my father," I said as she pulled out of hug.