Chapter 22- Surprise Birthday Party

I wore the dress that Chase gifted me and went out to the hall and no one was there. The whole staff was told to get ready and be at the hall.

I looked up and saw Chase standing near the stairs, looking down at me with a smile playing on his lips.

"Hey," he said, coming downstairs to me and taking my hand in his.

"Hey," I muttered under my breath and held onto his hand.

Since when do I hold hands and be romantic? This boy has done something to me which is effective.

"You look beautiful," he said, caressing my cheeks slowly.

"Thank you and so do you," I replied and he chuckled.

"I look beautiful?" He asked.

"No, I mean yeah, actually no," I stuttered and he just stood there looking at me with amused expressions.

"You're laughing? I'm not talking to you," I said as I let go of his hand and turned to the other side.

"No no I'm sorry," he said, making me face him again.

I didn't face him, I looked away. When he tried to appear in front of me, I would simply look down or look to the side.

"C'mon Olive I'm sorry," he said, holding onto my shoulders.

"I just meant that you look nice too," I explained and he listened.

"Yeah but you said I looked beautiful too," he said, innocently.

"I used to say that," I said and his eyes tried searching for mine.

"Used to? What happened?" He asked.

Should I tell him about Richard or is it a bad idea? Maybe he'll understand why I am what I am today.

"Well I used to be all bright and shiny but then times change which changes people and it certainly changed me," I explained and he seemed a bit confused.

"Well I like you the way you are. You always had a wall surrounding you but I know how to pass it now. I have passed it and the inner you is beautiful, you should show it to others more," he said and then Mr. Chivalry came downstairs.

"Olive? What a pleasure but how come you are the only one working?" He asked and I faced Chase who didn't say anything. Mr. Chivalry doesn't know about the surprise birthday party yet. Well it's going just like the plan.

"Uh- I was just leaving," I said, pointing to the door.

"You look nice today and so do you Chase," he said and we were taken aback. Not that he won't notice that we were dressed up.

"Thank you Mr. Chivalry," I replied.

"Got anywhere to go?" He asked and I quickly looked at Chase.

"Uh- yeah we're going on a date," Chase spoke and my eyes widened.

"Oh that's amazing Chase. I won't mind if Olive is my daughter in law," he said which took me off guard.

I choked on air when he said that. I looked at him, horrified while Chase gave me a small smile. He wanted to marry me? Probably was trying to keep a straight face so Mr. Chivalry won't be creeped out.

"Uh- why don't we go?" I said, breaking the silence and Chase quickly walked towards me.

"Where?" Mr. Chivalry asked.

"To- to- to," I started but couldn't think of anything. I suddenly elbowed Chase when Mr. Chivalry wasn't looking.

"To the date," Chase spoke quickly. I looked at him in disbelief. He comes up with the worst excuses.