Chapter 38- Fairytales Aren't Real

Chase's POV

"Come on," I growled and threw the tie on my bed and picked up another one.

I tried to tie the tie but I kept failing. I wasn't focusing on the tie. My mind was wandering completely on tonight's dinner.

It's a 'must bring a date' dinner and Rhea will probably bring Olive because Sameer is working.

It has been months since I last saw Olive. More like since we talked. I remember seeing her in grocery stores so many times with this guy. It's the same guy every time.

I don't even know why I am thinking about her. I never knew that she would ever do this.

When I met her, I knew she was going to be the one for me. Even though I was sleeping around, I always dreamt about having that one girl.

She was that girl.

Now, my theories about fairytales are fading away into darkness. The darkness that she created. She sucked me into this portal and there is no way for me to go back.

I miss my old self. Who didn't care about anyone or anything. Who used girls to get what he wanted.

Tonight, I will be him again. Tonight, I will get out of this darkness. Tonight, I won't miss Olive nor think about her.

Finally I tied the tie properly and looked at myself for the last time before leaving.

___

My eyes kept wandering towards the door as I kept taking a sip from my drink. 

"Are your eyes looking for me?" Suddenly a girl came next to me and said.

I turned to face her and it was Amanda. I sighed deeply and looked away. Her hands reached my shoulder blades and she smiled at me.

She came closer but I pulled away from her. "Amanda what are you doing?"

"You look like you might need some company," she replied, grabbing my neck and pulling me closer to her.

I pushed her away. "Stop."

"What the fuck Chase? Look, both of us had a bad breakup so can we just get on with it. I have a room booked upstairs," she said and I just thought about it.

If I want to be the old Chase, there's no better way than Amanda to make it up. As I walked towards her to agree, Jeremy walked to me and stopped me.

"I'm sorry but I need him for something," he told Amanda and she just left.

"What are you getting yourself into Chase?" Jeremy exclaimed and we sat down at the bar. "You're a mess."

"Leave me alone Jeremy. I don't want you lecturing me either," I exclaimed.

"You are turning into the old Chase. Lost, miserable and a hot mess. It's not too late to get her back," he slowly spoke.

"There is no getting her back Jeremy. I am completely fine without her," I spoke and looked at the door when Rhea just walked in.