Chapter 26- Old Relations

"Olive?" I heard a voice call my name and I abruptly sat up on the bed and saw chase sitting down at the exact same spot as he was before I fell asleep and his hand in mine.

"Chase, what are you doing here?" I asked, looking around.

"You said not to leave you, before falling asleep."

"You have been siting here since I fell asleep?"

"Yeah, Rhea just came to tell us that the meeting starts in fifteen minutes."

"Oh, you didn't have to sit here. I'll get ready," I said, letting go of his hand and towards the bathroom to wash my face.

"Can I go then?" He asked, standing near the bathroom door.

"Yeah, yeah," I told him as I splashed water on my face.

He left and I heard door shut behind him. I felt a little disgusted so I decided to brush my teeth quickly as I just woke up from a nap.

I looked up at myself in the mirror. Everything has changed but I haven't. I still haven't forgotten everything that happened to me.

Maybe I deserved what Richard did to me. Maybe because of who I was before.

"Olive," I heard Rhea shout as she barged into the restroom while I was changing.

"Damn women, there is something called knocking. You should try it," I replied back, zipping the back of my dress.

"I can't. I have to tell you something," she said, breathlessly.

"I think it can wait for five minutes," I replied back, pulling my hair into a ponytail.

"No, it can't," she urgently said. "Guess what?"

"What?" I asked, interested in what she had to say because she sounded serious. I hope it's not about some hot guy she wants me to see because that's totally not as urgent as she sounds. 

"I saw Edward Wellington talking to Mr. chivalry along with another guy. I didn't want to eavesdrop but I overheard them talking something about giving you a raise," she replied, clapping her hands excitedly.

Edward and some other guy? What if it's Richard? I have to talk to Chase before Richard gets to him.

I rushed out the bathroom and grabbed my bag. "What happened?"

"I'll tell you later but I have to see Chase," I answered and she stopped me.

"You won't be able to. He's meeting Edward Wellington right now with Mr. Chivalry."

I sighed. "No, I have to meet him before Richard tells him any nonsense," I muttered.

"Huh? What?" Rhea asked.

"Nothing. I have to see chase. It's urgent," I replied back, leaving the room.

___

He's smiling. That's normal.

Does Edward know that I'm here? He probably does because Mr. Chivalry sent our list. I have to talk to Edward too. He would be probably confused.

Should I just walk in? No. That'll be awkward and I don't want all the attention. Maybe I should wait till they come out.

I went over to the counter and asked for a black coffee. After sitting for a while, my black coffee was delivered to me.

"Olive?" I heard someone behind me.

I turned around to find a couple standing behind me. They looked a bit familiar. Suddenly I realized that it was Uncle Max standing next to Aunt Jenny. Their eyes wandered all over me and they were watery.