Chapter 27- Miserable Life

"We got the deal," chase jumped in joy while Mr. Chivalry and Jeremy laughed. Rhea and I looked at Chase who was the only excited one.

"Guys there is this party that Mr. Wellington wanted us to attend. It's his father's birthday today and they are celebrating. They invited us because now we are doing business together," Mr. Chivalry said and everyone seemed happy.

"I could really use a drink after this hectic day," Jeremy commented.

"I could use some cake. Haven't eaten one since Mr. Chivalry's birthday," Rhea commented as she settled down on the sofa.

"It hasn't been that long," I said and she scoffed.

"It's never too long to eat cake once in a while," she replied back and I chuckled.

"Only you, Rhea."

I saw Amanda standing in a corner, all by herself. I decided to walk over to her and invite her over to our conversation.

"Are you okay?" I asked, putting my hand on her shoulder.

She turned around and faced me. "I'm fine." She moved away to one of the chairs and I walked back to Rhea.

"What happened?" She whispered.

"Nothing, I think something is up," I whispered back, pointing towards Amanda.

"I know what's happening. I think she's planning something wicked but it's not gonna work because you and Chase are basically inseparable," she whispered back, chuckling and grabbing everyone's attention.

Inseparable? Maybe not.

"What are you two talking about?" Jeremy asked, sitting next to Rhea.

"Just about a wicked witch who can't make living for herself let alone ruin lives," Rhea answered back, staring immensely at Amanda who looked mad.

Chase walked towards me and took my hand in his. "Come."

"Wait, where?" I asked, looking back at Rhea who was winking at me so many times that it seemed like she was having a seizure.

"I want to take you somewhere," He replied back and we left the room.

"Where are we going?" I asked but he didn't seem to answer.

"Just be patient," was all he said before he escorted me in a car.

"I have to tell you something Chase," I said while he was driving.

"Yeah?" He asked, while concentrating on driving. When I didn't respond, he slowed down and glanced at me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I- uh- I wanted to tell you something about-" I started but his phone rung, making me abruptly stop.

He picked it up and talked to the person on the other end. He took a U-turn and we went back to the hotel. "Dad said that the party starts now so we have to go. But, I'll definitely take you for a long ride soon."

He stopped the car and got out. He walked towards my door and opened it for me. "You were saying something?"

"Yeah," I replied back as he took my hand in his and led me inside. "I am-"

Rhea came jumping towards us and shouted my name. I looked to the side and found Rhea walking towards us.

"I'm sorry chase but she's mine now. See ya at the party," Rhea said, dragging me along with her. I looked back and found Chase smiling at me.

___

"Rhea?" I called her name while she was applying mascara.