❄️Mistaken Confession ❄️

Word count: 2 348😉

When you are sick but you wanted to do an update haha😷😷🤤

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I skipped happily into the school as I remembered what I was supposed to do today. I had to confess. I shall, no, I must. It was already the last day of our project and it was my one and only last chance to confess my feelings towards Park Jimin, none other than my project partner. In the beginning, both of us were not willing to work together. He was the schools famous kingka while I was just a nobody who existed silently. However, his cold and mean façade soon changed as we got to know each other better as we started working things out for our project. His attitude became a cute and adorable guy and I soon fell head over heels for him. Being the shy girl I was, I was not able to admit my feelings towards him. I ran towards my best friend's locker. Just as I was about to make a right turn to the aisle where my best friend's locker was, I heard the one and only familiar voice that could make my heart flutter a million times. But the next few words shattered my heart instantly.

"Hyejin, will you officially be my girlfriend?" I stood stunned at the turning point of the aisles. I immediately ran and hid behind some lockers and peeked out. the image that I dreamt of so many times made me cringe at the fact that he was not doing these romantic actions to me, but to my best friend.
My best friend jumped for joy and squealed,
Yes!" I felt a pang in my chest and my eyes started to become watery. How could she? My best friend clearly knew that I had feelings for Jimin. Why would she accept his confession? Does she like him? Does she hate me and want to take revenge on me? But what did I do to her? The only thing that came to my mind in that instant was to run away from the nightmare right before my eyes. Tears streamed down my face as I rushed away despite the fact that the school bell was urging me to head to classes.

I ran to the only place I knew I could cry in peace and scream out my anger and sorrow. The rooftop was a place I always went if I needed to calm down or have some peace and quiet. It also serves as a hiding spot as not many people knew where the key was hidden to excess the rooftop. I took the key from my backpack and unlocked the door before slamming it shut without locking it as sitting on a bench near the edge of the roof. The scene I just witnessed replayed in my head and a thousand possibilities popped up about why my best friend would do such a cruel thing. My tears fell down and I clenched my fist in anger. I was late. If I had not been such a coward and had just admitted my feelings towards Jimin, maybe this would not have happened. But then again, what if he rejected me? Would that be even worse? My mind was confused at what could have happened. The butterfly effect thoughts were running through my mind and I sat on the bench looking into the sky and wondering what I should do next.

Jimin's POV

"Hyejin, will you officially be my girlfriend?" I asked as I smiled in front of her charmingly. She jumped up in joy and squealed,
"Yes!" just then I heard some shoe noises and turned around.