Enchanting Illusion

"But why I have to do that? She's a human, what if suddenly I want to bite her?" Little Jungkook asked after his mom tell him to do something.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"That's why you also have to control your needs, Jungkook. You're going to grow up soon. Baby vampires grow faster than human. This is also a test for you. You have to control yourself and protect her." His mom chuckles before patiently answer him under the moonlight.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"But why her?"⠀

"Long time ago, her family saved our family, dear. Because of that, our enemies remember them and always try to hurt them. We owe them. That's what grandpa tells me. For each generation, we should protect the daughter of Ahn family up until they reach 17 years old. Until then the son of Jeon family will be free from the debt and should return to our home."

"So starting now I have to stay by her side all the time?" Jungkook asked, "Yes my son. Stay with her and protect her, all the time. Until she turns 17." Mom says.

"And I'll be free after that day?" Jungkook asked again,

"Yes."

And with a little explanation, the little Jungkook nod at the older woman who he addresses as a mother. He then walks slowly to the house where his mother pointed for him earlier.

He was staring at the entrance for a while when suddenly he heard a gasp. Turning around, he found a girl on the ground with a wound on her knee. She looks up with her teary eyes and Jungkook's instinct works as he naturally took something out from his coat.

It's a blue rose.⠀

"Don't cry. Here take this, it's for you." Jungkook said and the little girl stare at it for a while before her small hand slowly reaching for it, "Are you okay?" Jungkook asked and widened his eyes as he instantly sense the blood smell after he steps closer to her.

"I just tripped. Maybe a ghost just pushes me." the little girl pout and reach out her hand. "Can you help me up?" She continues, staring at Jungkook with little hope. Hesitantly, he reach out his hand help the girl up and stand properly again.

"Thank you! But are you okay? You were sweating and look so pale." The little girl asked, "I-I'm okay!" Jungkook wipe away his sweats and try his best to hold his breathe.

"You're not, young man." She continues, addressing Jungkook as young man, although she's also a young girl. "Let's go inside. My mom already cooks dinner, and you should eat with us!" She added and smiles brightly as she pulls Jungkook with her. Jungkook were trembling as if he feels electric flow through his body as soon as she touches him, "N-No! It's okay, I just hav-" Jungkook tried resist but she interrupted him,⠀

"That's okay. You helped me, I should tell my parents and just count the dinner as a thank you for me please. Eat with us! Plus, you looked hungry!"

'Hungry for your blood.' Jungkook think in his mind.

"Please. Young man, at least you have to meet my parents first. I have to tell them about you helped me." She continues pleading while her small little fingers playing with the blue rose. Jungkook didn't realize but he was staring at her small innocent face. She was smiling brightly and never in his life has he felt so captivate over a smile. Her smile is so bright but it won't blind him. Little did he know, he falls for that smile.

"Okay, but tell me, what's your name?" Jungkook asked.

"Haneul. Ahn Haneul. Please remember my name."