Communication Skills

I slid my card into the panel and watched the light turn green before allowing me access to the mess hall. Minho was still shouting at the guards and Newt and Frypan were still struggling to hold him back. Nobody else was paying attention. Minho always was over dramatic.

"Enough!" I shouted, my voice silencing everyone else's in the room. People turned to look at me from where they sat, eating lunch. There was a lot of scowls and narrowed eyes but nobody looked as miffed as Minho did. I locked eyes with Teresa but only for a second. She didn't seem surprised to see me. "Put your guns away." I commanded, to which the soldiers obeyed. Minho laughed sarcastically.

"Look, W.I.C.K.E.D's daughter. They follow her every command." He cries out, glaring at me. I refused to break eye contact or loose my cool.

"I said enough." I commanded again. "I came because Brenda said you wanted to speak to me but that doesn't mean I'm going to listen or that I have to stay and hear what you have to say."

"Oh you are going to damn well listen to me princess or I'll.." Minho didn't get to finish his threat as he began to march toward me. A soldier stepped in front of me, hand on his gun.

"Steven, I can handle Minho's idiotic temper tantrum now get out of the way." Steven nodded at me, stepped back again. Minho scoffed at the exchange.

"You will come with me into the hallway. You have ten minutes to state your grievances, starting now." I marched toward the door and it slid open for me readily. Minho wasn't that far behind and when he stepped out behind me, I thought he was going to punch me in the face or shove me. He did neither of those things. Instead, he just stared at me, taking in my outfit.

"What are you? Some kind of doctor? What's with the mad scientist coat?" I rolled my eyes

"If you have nothing important to say.." I began.

"I do princess." Minho interrupted. "I want to know where the hell Thomas is." It had been almost three weeks since he had seen one of his best friends. That's probably why he was so agitated. They might have all guessed by now that Thomas was being kept in solitary.

"Thomas is fine. We wanted to make sure his bullet wound was fixed up and that there was no infection." I lied easily.

"He's been gone for two weeks." I didn't reply to this statement. "Have you killed him?"

"Of course not Minho. W.I.C.K.E.D doesn't t kill people."

"No, you just let the variables kill them." I wanted to laugh because he was right. W.I.C.K.E.D always prided itself in being "humane". We had never actually killed anyone. Our variables had done all the dirty work for us. "Give me something concrete here Malls. What is W.I.C.K.E.D doing?"

"We're trying to find a cure." Instead of shifting around nervously, I stuck my hands in my pockets. My fingers closed around a pen and I clicked it nervously.

"Bull. Shit."

"I can't get you to believe in us Minho but it's the truth."

"Us? So you really have become part of W.I.C.K.E.D" I began to chew on my cheek nervously, not responding. W.I.C.K.E.D was watching our every movement from their countless hidden cameras. If I even hinted to Minho that I was still on his side, then W.I.C.K.E.D would be all over my ass and I would be in the same situation as Thomas, a padded white room with no one to talk to, nothing to see. Or maybe they would simply kill me.