Crank City

"We're going to go get him." Minho said after Raven finished her story and I knew I shouldn't have been surprised but I was. Newt left because he wanted to. He let those Cranks onto the Berg and he somehow convinced them to not hurt Raven or take anything off the airship. He clearly didn't want to stay with us anymore.

"Are you serious!" I shouted at Minho. "We can't go there!"

"We can't let him stay there either!" Minho shouted back. "We have to get him back! He's lost his damn mind!"

"Not to sound insensitive or anything." Aris interrupted. "But he has lost his mind." Minho geared up to punch Aris but I stepped between them and he faltered.

"Stop it Minho! I know he's one of your best friends but.."

"I want to get him back too." Thomas interrupted. My shoulders dropped and I let out a heavy sigh.

"Okay but what about the Right Arm? Gally? We're supposed to.."

"That fucker can wait. I want my best friend back." Minho interrupted icily.

"I'm not going with you guys." Raven whispered. "I don't want to go anywhere near that damn place!" She shouted. "If Newt wants to fucking rot let him!" Minho looked like he wanted to punch her too.

"We have to at least go talk to him." Thomas tried to amend. "He's not in his right mind."

"Yeah he's not." Raven said forcefully. "Him and his Crank friends tried to fucking kill me!"

"We're his friends!" Minho shouted. "Not those crazy pieces of shit."

"Okay shut up all of you. I'm tired of hearing you all!" Jorge snapped, rubbing his temple. "The closest Infected City isn't that far from here if you guys really have your hearts set on going but that doesn't mean we're going to find him or that the guards will even care enough to let us in. Now come to some compromise. I'm going to be in the cockpit." With that, Jorge left. I exhaled slowly and Brenda spoke up for the first time since Raven started her story.

"So are we voting? Two opposed, two for it?" She said, gesturing to Raven and I and then to Thomas and Minho."

"I not opposed." I argued. "It was his decision to leave. We should just leave him alone."

"I'm not letting him rot there." Minho said, glaring down at me. I scowled.

"I don't think we should either." Ashoka said, speaking up quietly. "He's not thinking clearly right now. Maybe he regrets leaving." He's been gone barely a day. I doubt he regrets it. But I couldn't say that out loud. I didn't want to continue pissing off Minho.

"Aris?" Brenda asked. He scoffs.

"There's better things we could be doing but.." He shakes his head like he knows what he's saying is stupid. "If they want to go get him we should at least try."

"You and Ashoka can stay on the ship together Raven." Brenda says, touching her shoulder. "It's not a place a kid she see anyways." Ashoka frowns at her.

"We're all kids in case you forgot. I'm only two years younger than you guys." She grumbles. "I'll stay on board to keep Raven company though if you really don't want to get out." Raven scowls at everyone and storms off, Ashoka quietly following her. I turn to try to talk to Minho but he also storms away. I sigh as Thomas goes after him and Brenda heads to cockpit.

"He won't stay mad for long." Aris encourages me.

"Yeah well, he hasn't stopped being mad at me for other things so I shouldn't be trying to add onto it." I mutter.