In The End

I practically ran into Ashoka and Brenda. They were worried we wouldn't make it back in time but after turning them around and making them head back to the basement, I explained what was happening. "We have, hundreds of Immunes with us. They were locked in the girls Maze. Did you get in contact with Gally? What about the others?"

"Jorge is leading people down to the basement. As far as I know, Teresa and Aris are fine too. They're with Gally now. Vince and the rest of the Right Arm that aren't immune vowed to hold off W.I.C.K.E.D long enough for us to escape. They've stopped setting off explosives so recklessly at least." I breathed a sigh of relief.

"The Maze was crumbling. I'm with the first group to get out so I don't know about the others." I said honestly. My stomach was in knots thinking about Minho and Clint and Silla.

"Silla is here Ashoka. Sonya as well and the rest of the people from the trials." Ashoka's eyes watered a little.

"I'm glad they're here." Ashoka said happily. We came to the large staircase for the basement and I pushed the door open hard.

"Don't trip!" I shouted at the people behind me as I began to descend. The stairs creaked and swayed as another explosion rocked the ground and I gritted my teeth. Keeping my hand on the rail, I quickly climbed down the stairs, eyeing the bottom with vigor. "Wait, the Flat Trans where does it go?" I asked Brenda as we entered the large warehouse room. Brenda smiled.

"It's beautiful Mallory. It's green and beautiful and.." A large rack full of crates and equipment began to sway.

"Scatter!" I shouted. Pulling Brenda and Ashoka away from the collapsing structure. People screamed and pushed back against the walls and the stream of people still coming through the doors. The rack fell and I didn't take the time to see if people had gotten hurt. "Run!" I shouted, pointing to the other end of the room. I spotted Jorge waving his hands vigorously. He stood in front of a a large, shimmery, icy gray wall. The Flat Trans was here. We were safe.

We ran around the collapsed crates and equipment towards Jorge and ushered people through as they appeared, reassuring them that it was safe, that we were safe on the other side. Clint gave me a quick hug before he disappeared through it and I eventually pushed Ashoka through to the other end when Silla appeared. "I'm going to wait for Minho." I told her. "We'll be fine." She nodded and ran through the Flat trans with Silla as more and more people came.

Eventually the stream slowed. I saw Frypan, Jeff, group B boys and group A girls but I had yet to see Thomas and Minho and there was still no sign of Aris, Teresa or Gally. Brenda and I stopped one of the girl from Group B from going through and she explained what happened.

"The Maze was crumbling around us, I don't know where those guys are. Some of us got separated. It's a miracle we found this place. So many people died I just..." She stopped, on the verge of tears. She was right of course. Out of the hundreds of people I had seen when we first entered the Maze, only about half of that group seemed to be here.

The warehouse began to shake more violently and still there was no sign of our friends. Chunks of the ceiling were  breaking off and falling around us. My hands shook violently with the building. What if they died? What if they didn't make it out? What was I going to do? I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Suddenly, the doors burst open and Minho and Thomas appeared, Aris, Teresa and Gally right behind them as well as another two hundred Immune or so. I nearly screamed in delight as I ran towards Minho and hugged him. He picked me up and spun me around in his arms before kissing me square on the mouth, much to my surprise. "Worried about me?" He asked.

"Definitely." I whispered, touching the side of his face gently.

"We have to hurry.." Thomas said breathlessly as we began to usher everyone through the Flat Trans.